Conflict with Two Similar Add-Ons??

Huascar

All,

Just wondering if there would be a conflict with Flight Simulator X IF I were to install two add-ons with similar scenery. For example: If you install Xtreme Environment and later install Ultimate Terrain (both promising to deliver remarkable shore lines, high resolution on water effects) which would FSX recognize? Will this confuse the system? And what if I download Las Vegas and Ultimate Terrain is later download with additional updates to Vegas, what happens then?

Huascar

I suppose you mean REX with xtreme environment (haven't found any similar add-on). I have Ultimate Terrain X, Ground Environment X and REX running and there is no trouble at all. I think FSX recognizes the REX water, which is I think better than the UTX water. Generally UTX has no influence on add-on airports or add-on sceneries.

What I don't know is whether UTX and FS Global work together, but everything else should work.

E.g. you can put together

- FSDreamteam Las Vegas, MegaScenery Las Vegas

- London City Airport, VFR London X

MfG

These names can get confusing...

If you mean REX (Real Environment Xtreme) and UTX (Ultimate Terrain X) then there are no compatibility issues at all. What you would not (normally) want together is REX, FEX (Flight Environment X) or ActiveSky as these are all mostly weather related.

REX does not alter coastlines in anyway.

By the way if you get REX (which you really should) then also check out the free Overdrive HD expansion for it.

UTX (terrain landclass) and FSGlobal (terrain mesh) work together fine.

Compatability between one addon scenery and the next is mostly to do with how they are layered in your scenery library. Roughly speaking the layers should be addon airports -> photoscenery -> landclass (i.e. UTX) -> mesh (FSGlobal) -> all fsx default stuff. Weather/environment addons like REX and FEX are not part of the scenery library so you never have to worry about them in this context.

Thank you for the information. That was really helpful. I am having problems with Las Vegas now which I downloaded onto my new computer but the buildings are gray and no lights at night.

Thank you for the information. That was really helpful. I am having problems with Las Vegas now which I downloaded onto my new computer but the buildings are gray and no lights at night.

Do you mean our Las Vegas or the default

The night textures were added in an updated installer file a little while back now for the US Cities Las Vegas.