Paint Kit Clarification Question

Firstly, thank you for this amazing aircraft :). I downloaded the paint kit and I just wanted some clarification. Usually paint kits are comprised of layered PSD files, and I realized that there don't seem to be any in there. There are only two PSD's and one has the option for english lettering and the other is just for the decals. Is there anything I'm missing, because with just that one panel file, it would be rather difficult to change the panel color or put a new texture over it especially since nothing is on separate layers. I did read the paint kit instructions, I just wanted to make sure that there aren't any files that I may be missing or anything like that.

Thank you,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I use less and less layers to keep things easy. Mostly I have a blank texture in the background with all shadings and just add one color layer for the painting.

As I built the cockpit textures directly with photos, there are no layers containing color, structure etc. ;)

Greetings,

Marcel

Thank you for your reply MarcelFelde. The PSD that I have doesn't have those two layers, I just have the alternate english layers. Is there any way to get the panel PSD that has the colored panel layer on a separate layer from the shadows and other components? Basically, I just want to be able to add texture and or color to the panel itself without having to add my texture layer on top of everything, then have to cut out all the components from the top layer. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear... I don't have more layers for the panel as I make the texture directly from photos. When I color a panel, I do that by hand... ;)

Greetings,

Marcel