Can't connect to server to activate the Katana

kitte

I just purchased the Katana but when I start up the aerosoft launcher it claims it can't connect to the server. I also had some problems when trying to make the purchase since I got some php-code in the window when I tried to go to checkout. Can anyone from Aerosoft confirm you currently have a server issue and if so do you have any idea when it can be solved?

BR

Krister

Anyone from Aerosoft with an input? Sorry for being slightly impatient but I'm just so eager to check out the airplane since I'll be flying a Eurocub Ultralight (which has the same engine) on Sunday! I use the Microsoft Security Essentials program and Windows Firewall in Win7 64 bit but turning both off doesn't improve the situation.

BR

Krister

Same problem here. Also bought the Katana. In my case from Simmarket because I bought there the former version of the Katana. By the way: the internet connection is fine. The Home page of the Launcher is showing the latest news from Aerosoft.

Kind regards,

Arjen

Hey Guys,

i just took a look at our servers and it seem to be ok.

Could you check it once again?

Did you already activated other products?

If its still not working use the offline regestration and send me your offline informations to fabian.boulegue@aerosoft.de (just you two other mails cant be answered please use support@aerosoft.de) i ll do the offline then directly.

For informations about the offline regestration check out www.aerosoft.de/launcher

Greets

Fabian!

Hi Fabian!

Thanks for the reply.

I've bought just waaay too many add-ons from Aerosoft for FS9 but this is my first for FSX and also the first time I see this launcher program. I just tried it again and still no go.

Anyway, I can't find any menu item in the launcher called "offline activation" as described here: http://aerosoft2.de/downloads/launcher/site/main.php?menue=3&language=eng I guess I'm a bit thick! :D

/Krister

Hi Fabian!

I think the big part of it was a misunderstanding on my part, but first of all upgrading the launcher from the 1.0.0.6 (that came with the katana) to the 1.0.0.8 got rid of the "can't connect to the server" message. Now, I still can't find the offline activation menu in the launcher as described here: http://aerosoft2.de/downloads/launcher/site/main.php?menue=3&language=eng but I now realized that I can still fly the airplane without activating it there. I was sort of looking for the wrong name in FSX when I wanted to load the airplane, so couldn't find it and figured I needed to activate it first!

Now, if I could only where to replace the default MS GPS with the RXP530, I'd be back in business!

So, all is sort of well again and I thank you for replying!

/Krister

Downloading the latest Launcher version solved the problem for me too. But I am not out of trouble yet. When I load the aircraft in FSX FSX reports a fatal error and shuts down :(. I uninstalled the product and reinstalled it with the Antivirus off, but that made no difference. I have many add-ons installed (almost all payware) and have no problem with them at all, but this one does not work for me.