Ikarus C42

Littlewing

This is a topic/questionfor Aerosoft to answer really, namely, if or when will Aerosoft produce a version of the Comco Ikarus C42 microlight? This is an aeroplane that is becoming ever more popular across Europe for it's easy going flying characteristics,reliability and cheapness to operate, thus making it more affordable flying for all.

A lot of people are learning to fly on the Ikarus and it would fill a need across all of Europe if there was a payware version available that was perfect in every way as all of Aerosoft's creations always are.

It would be a great way to learn in a simulator (FSX) how to fly and master some of the flying techniques that will have to be learned by many trainee pilots on the very training aircraft they will be flying.

It was just a thought, but I really think that Aerosoft are the people to do this and do it well. There is definite felt need for this aircraft for student pilots and private pilots alike.

Would anyone at Aerosoft be able to tell us if there are any plans to produce one?

The problem with Ultralights is that they are rather complex in flight models and have a limited appeal. We have done one already in rather high end form and I do not think there are enough customers for another one.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Of course your correct, the amount of work needed to produce the Ikarus could outweigh the return in sales.

I'm very grateful for you taking the time to reply to me,

Best wishes.

Littlewing.