low fuel

cfoley

I have been having a fuel problem with the 747-400X. In the beginning of the flight, it warns fuel is low and to press "Ctrl X". Nothing happens. Also, the load manager is screwed up on my screen, parts of it is missing and overlapping. I also tried the add-on for fuel and saved, but does no good.

I have been having a fuel problem with the 747-400X. In the beginning of the flight, it warns fuel is low and to press "Ctrl X". Nothing happens. Also, the load manager is screwed up on my screen, parts of it is missing and overlapping. I also tried the add-on for fuel and saved, but does no good.

If you are using the default tool tips for a sophisticated addon as the PMDG 747X then you don't grasp the fundamentals of the simulation.

I've alluded to this before but I will say it to you again, as nobody else will tell it like it is: if you aren't at a level to deal with the PMDG product put it back in its box until you are. No point in trying to run before you can walk.

So how would you describe your sim experience so far? Are you a seasoned simmer, capable of flying all the default aircraft, creating flight plans, fuel planning and then managing the entire flight, either by handling the automatics, programming a FMC or via hand-flying?

• Upvote 1

Well, If it came with instuctions that were worth a damn, i would not have the problems I have. As I stated before, somet of the PMDG "add-ons" don't work as I mentioned about the Load Manager being partually missing and overlapping.

If you are using the default tool tips for a sophisticated addon as the PMDG 747X then you don't grasp the fundamentals of the simulation.

I've alluded to this before but I will say it to you again, as nobody else will tell it like it is: if you aren't at a level to deal with the PMDG product put it back in its box until you are. No point in trying to run before you can walk.

So how would you describe your sim experience so far? Are you a seasoned simmer, capable of flying all the default aircraft, creating flight plans, fuel planning and then managing the entire flight, either by handling the automatics, programming a FMC or via hand-flying?

Oh well, it does not matter. I dumped PMDG and uninstalled it from FSX. I will stick to QW 757. Much more user friendly add-on with great graphics and sounds without the headaches. They also have excellent tech support forum as well. I will either sell the PMDG 747 on Ebay or trash it when I spring clean. But I fear the buyer will have the same software hell as I have and will want a refund, so most likely I will trash it. I hate clutter.

Cfoley

oh oh, you misspelled a word.Get ready for a tongue lashing.

Harry

Hello cfoley,

There should be adequate instructions that come with the product and PMDG have on the website a 4 part tutorial for the 747 maybe you could check there and try them out.

Maybe you could peruse there Support Forum for help and advice which is over at www.avsim.com

But this is not a plane you can just jump into and fly until you become familiar with the workings of it and this may take a little while but persevere and you should get there.