Heuy X & DirectX 10

HarryMudd

In the settings area of FSX you have the option to check “Preview Direct X 10”.While this option is checked the huey has no landing light or external lights, the only exception is the rotary beacon which is on and blinking but cast's a odd light, mainly on the aircraft fuselage.The screen also seems to windowed and positioned off to the right side somewhat.Anyone else run across this?-Harry

The General Forum is not a place for support

Please read the Aerosoft Huey manual

Please read the System Requirements for the Huey X

Where does it state it is DX10 compatible?

C'mon Harry, up your game. Are you willing to learn this product with the focus it demands? Are you willing to show you know how to properly use a forum? (system specs, config changes, providing full disclosure for those who can't help you unless you expect them to be mind-readers)?

If you ask the right questions, in the right way, in the right place, supplying the right information to enable us to help you, you dramatically increase your chances of fast, effective resolution.

It's fine-everyone can mistake for an unknown subject, the thing I don't like when people "rush" in make a thread about requesting and project and then keep asking- why, when, will it? But this all is a part of an business so nothing we can do there, but if you did understand the thing about DX10 then everything is fine.smile.gif

And as far as that goes........

FSX settings

They are sometimes names badly, often got weird or even counter intuitive results but here they are as I understand them.

Graphics Device specific options Target Framerate: if I got a trick it is this one. Always leave it to unlimited as it will always get your far better fps.Only when you got very wild fluctuating fps does it make sense to set it to the lowest fps you see. It worked in FS2004 but in FSX it is a silly setting. She below for an example.

Filtering: complex issue, will leave that to others. I got it to anisotropic (but it could be better to leave that to the card driver settings)

Anti-aliasing: on (but it could be better to leave that to the card driver settings)

Global options Global texture resolution: always on max, don't experiment with this one.

Preview DirectX 10: if the add-ons you use allow it, do try it! It often will get you far better fps (but only for Vista and Windows 7 users!)