BAe Problem

rfbarber

Greets,

When clicking on the FMC clickspot, I get the message: "Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object" I am then left with a black rectangle on the panel requiring a reload of the aircraft. Otherwise, that black rectangle really does disrupt the immersion factor...

How do I correct this? This is, of course, FS9 (updated to current), running on Windows 7 32.

Thanks

Chip Barber

Hi Shaun,

You are correct. I missed that. Sorry.

Can you tell me why I am getting blank engine readings on the panel? I hope the attachment is visible. The engines were running when I took the screen shot.

Thanks Shaun

Chip

post-3851-0-07143400-1302998781_thumb.gi

Hello Chip,

This is in the FAQs here. You need to download the file from the link in the first post on that thread.

Hi Shaun,

I followed the link and downloaded/installed the .exe from Flight 1. I am still getting the '429' error on trying to open the FMC. I continue to seek an answer via the "Search", but have you any ideas?

Thanks

Chip

Well, maybe this is the compatibility night.

All dudes who still have experience on computer programmes that have been published in 2004 and before (the BAe belongs to these programmes) probably ask themselves some questions after they've bought a socket1155-motherboard....

I'd guess the BAe simply was not tested on a socket1155-motherboard, so, we need to have BAe146s which are year011-compliant.... (!)

:cheers_s:

Hello Chip,

Maybe you need to re-install the BAe and if you have any Virus Killer or especially any anti-spyware programs running disable them for the install.

When installing please install as administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

If the gauges still then dont show its because you need to re-install the Quartz Font.

I have this aircraft installed into a modern Windows 7 64Bit computer and seems to be fine.

Hello Chip,

Maybe you need to re-install the BAe and if you have any Virus Killer or especially any anti-spyware programs running disable them for the install.

When installing please install as administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

If the gauges still then dont show its because you need to re-install the Quartz Font.

I have this aircraft installed into a modern Windows 7 64Bit computer and seems to be fine.

Thank you, Shaun. I've done as directed, but the problem persists. I'll see if I can use the bird without the FMS. Would you be able to direct me to a source for the Quartz font, and advise where it should be placed?

Thanks for all ~

Chip B.

Hello Chip,

Either check the Fonts folder in Windows or the Fonts folder in FS9.

Copy the font from the Fonts folder and then delete the original and then replace it with the one you just copied.

You may also want to check this post out here.