FSFK and Widows 7

Paddy92

HI,

I just went from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro.

I re-installed FSFK, but a lot of function are missing or blocked.

Two of the exe files I download are said to be uncompatible with my Windows version!

Any advice ?

Best regards.

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

Not sure what you mean by 2 of the .exe files.

Do you have there file names.

As for it running in Windows 7 Pro it should do, did you run the installer as Administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

This normally gives it absolute rights so all entries etc should be written and files installed.

Hello Patrick,

Not sure what you mean by 2 of the .exe files.

Do you have there file names.

As for it running in Windows 7 Pro it should do, did you run the installer as Administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

This normally gives it absolute rights so all entries etc should be written and files installed.

Hi,

Thks for your quick answer.

The 2 files I'm talking about are : instmsi.exe and instmsi3.exe. There are in the Zip and I thought I had to install both.

I ran it as administrator and, for example, some options on the map can't be changed (VOR and ADF ...)

Looking forward for your answer.

Cordially

Patrick

Both files are only required if the Windows Installer needs to be installed/updated and this is done automatically. So only need to start "Setup.exe".

The map options might not be available as you haven't enabled the scenery options on the general tab of the settings dialog. Can you please re-check your settings and rebuild the navigation database.

Hope this helps

Thomas

Both files are only required if the Windows Installer needs to be installed/updated and this is done automatically. So only need to start "Setup.exe".

The map options might not be available as you haven't enabled the scenery options on the general tab of the settings dialog. Can you please re-check your settings and rebuild the navigation database.

Hope this helps

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Everything used to be fine till I upgraded to Windows 7.

The file name and position are not the same.

I restarted everything from the begining and now I've access to all the map options.

Thks for your help.

Another thing I've never been able to get working is connection to my VA.

Eventhough Idownloaded the VA.Templates from the VA site.

Any idea !

Our VA is quite young and no one seems to be using FSFK so there's no help to wait from there.

Thks a lot.

Have a nice Week end.

Patrick

Another thing I've never been able to get working is connection to my VA.

Eventhough Idownloaded the VA.Templates from the VA site.

Any idea !

Our VA is quite young and no one seems to be using FSFK so there's no help to wait from there.

Difficult to say. The best is to directly contact one of your VA staff members as they can better see what might be wrong on the web server.

Regards

Thomas