FS9 Crashes after Takeoff

I have a big problem with the AES base/credit pack...

I brought it during of last week, I first installed it and it didnt work. After studying the manual, it suggested i install FS9 in a directory like C:/FS9. So i did, i uninstalled everything to do with Flight sim, and reinstalled everything to C:....

After everything was installed i tried AES and it worked. I was so impressed with it i thought i start buying Payware scenery that supported it. So i updated my UK2000 EGLL extreme to version 2, and i purchased New spanish airports.

Trying out my first flight with it all i wanted to fly to dubia from EGLL. Set it all up at egll using PSS 777-300. Lined up on the runway, rotated started to climb out, and then the Scenery goes all weird but all i can hear is the engines etc etc. I tried the second time, but this time EGLL to LEMG (using the new spanish airport software i brought) and done it again, but this time i played around with the display settings, switch on anti-alising and it restored, but with a few problems along the way. But landed in LEMG with no problem.

My return flight i tried 3 times now from LEMG using a PSS 757 twice and a Wilco 737, i get the same problem but worse. I get all the AES which is great, i.e the pushback etc etc. I taxi, line up on rwy 13 at LEMG, rotate to take of and get to 400ft and now it completly crashes. I get a Flight Simulator has stopped working, closes Flight sim and thats it....

I never had any problems before, but now having AES base/credit pack and AES New spanish airports my flight sim has played up...

Can someone please help me resolve these problems as its getting frustrating and i feel i just wasted my money on software that doesnt work properly.

WHAT I USE WHEN I FLY....

VISTA Home Premium Service pack 2

DELL with INTEL CORE DUO 2.0Ghz

4gb Ram

32bit operating system

Flight Sim 2009

Sqawkbox for Online flying with a virtual airline (British airways)

Active Sky 6.5 weather engine

Pegesus (British Airways flight log software)

V-route for flight plans and loggin flights

Navigraph nDAC for airport charts

Also i would like to use either Xpax or FS Passenger software too. but not sure if wither one would conflict with AES in anway..

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Danny

• Verified Developer
Can someone please help me resolve these problems as its getting frustrating and i feel i just wasted my money on software that doesnt work properly.

Sorry Danny,

but this sentence will stop any of my invest to help you. AES is a "try before buy" product, you had all chances to test it before. And, based on all I know, there are 100 other reasons for your problems to check before makeing this statment. I am always willing to help in this case, but not when you start the conversation with such a statement :angry:

Before you post anything here, please post your SUPPORT ID, you have one week for that, because I am no offline for this time.

Sorry Danny,

but this sentence will stop any of my invest to help you. AES is a "try before buy" product, you had all chances to test it before. And, based on all I know, there are 100 other reasons for your problems to check before makeing this statment. I am always willing to help in this case, but not when you start the conversation with such a statement :angry:

Before you post anything here, please post your SUPPORT ID, you have one week for that, because I am no offline for this time.

Hi, I didnt go for the try before you by as i thought it was a demo which wouldnt of gained the full benifits of the software, thats why i brought the full version.

Many apologise if i came across like that i didnt mean any offence. Please accept my apology.

Support ID is 4D76C0412B10C6014F76C041B1A4C241E0BBC2414B76C0415C7620C5FEAF

Thank you for your quick reply.

• Verified Developer

Ok,

the first you always should test is, to uncheck the AESBasepack entry in the scenery Library and redo the same flight with same aircraft at same time. If the issue is still there, you know it is somewhere else then in AES.

Then try to disable your AI Traffic (if you have one), as there are often problems here (like Spanairpack in WOAI).

AES is going to idle when you leave the ground, so there is not much which could generate a CTD at this moment.

Ok,

the first you always should test is, to uncheck the AESBasepack entry in the scenery Library and redo the same flight with same aircraft at same time. If the issue is still there, you know it is somewhere else then in AES.

Then try to disable your AI Traffic (if you have one), as there are often problems here (like Spanairpack in WOAI).

AES is going to idle when you leave the ground, so there is not much which could generate a CTD at this moment.

Hi thanks for your reply... I tried the flight with the AES unchecked in the scenery, and the AES stopped working. But the flight sim is working, it has let me take off with no problems.

What shall i do now?

Thanks

Danny

• Aerosoft

Hi thanks for your reply... I tried the flight with the AES unchecked in the scenery, and the AES stopped working. But the flight sim is working, it has let me take off with no problems.

What shall i do now?

Thanks

Danny

Mmmmm strange issue this. Are you using add-on traffic products or other add-ons that use modules?

quote name='Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft)' timestamp='1300183598' post='295265']

Mmmmm strange issue this. Are you using add-on traffic products or other add-ons that use modules?

quote name='Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft)' timestamp='1300183598' post='295265']

Also after yesterday i removed the AES from the scenery folder in FS(AES didnt work), Flight sim didnt crash,

I then added it again, and then unchecked it and went straight into a flight (AES worked), then Flight Sim crahsed.

I then unchecked it. closed flight sim, loaded up again (AES didnt work) and flight sim didnt crash

• Aerosoft

Also after yesterday i removed the AES from the scenery folder in FS(AES didnt work), Flight sim didnt crash,

I then added it again, and then unchecked it and went straight into a flight (AES worked), then Flight Sim crahsed.

I then unchecked it. closed flight sim, loaded up again (AES didnt work) and flight sim didnt crash

I got no solution for that at this moment, the project is literally used by tens of thousands of users without problem so there must be something specific on your system that cause the crash.

Oliver will be back shortly and perhaps he got something more to investigate on this.

I got no solution for that at this moment, the project is literally used by tens of thousands of users without problem so there must be something specific on your system that cause the crash.

Oliver will be back shortly and perhaps he got something more to investigate on this.

Ok that would be great...thanks

• Verified Developer

Ok,

the DLL Versions you show in the screen did not give any idea, looks ok for me.

Let us make a test please:

- With active AES place the aircraft at the runway, open the AES Window with the key-combi

- change in slew Mode and lift the aircraft a littlebit from ground

- wait until the AES window is closing automatically.

Did the Sim crash in this moment or later or never?

Ok,

the DLL Versions you show in the screen did not give any idea, looks ok for me.

Let us make a test please:

- With active AES place the aircraft at the runway, open the AES Window with the key-combi

- change in slew Mode and lift the aircraft a littlebit from ground

- wait until the AES window is closing automatically.

Did the Sim crash in this moment or later or never?

Hi there thanks for replying, i tried the Control/shift W to start AES, started on runway, i slewed up and out at slow speeds and didnt crash. But the AES window never closed. Everything for that test was activated. I am going to try a normal flight from EGLL using a 737 to see what it does

Hi there thanks for replying, i tried the Control/shift W to start AES, started on runway, i slewed up and out at slow speeds and didnt crash. But the AES window never closed. Everything for that test was activated. I am going to try a normal flight from EGLL using a 737 to see what it does

Little correction AES Box does close down when get to a certain altitude...

Little correction AES Box does close down when get to a certain altitude...

Ok... Since installing FS2 crew 2010 for 737 wilco PIC, all problems have gone away so far. No Flight sim Crash from EGLL-EGPH, Tomorrow i will do the EGLL-LEMG and return as normal and let you know the feedback. All is good so far, and now feels a great addition to my Flight Sim kit....

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Danny

:rolleyes: