AES And Airsimmer/gates.to/FSNET Compatibility

AES And Airsimmer/gates.to/FSNET Compatibility

Hi all

I am into this problem a lot of times but today I've decided to write here about it!

I am a member of the so called "Airsimmer Extended team", ok its not at interest of Aerosoft I know but I have a specific problem which I would like if it is possible to be investigated, I will explain why of course.

Every time I am installing the Airsimmer Extended Team Version Airbus, to give it one more try, without success 99% of it, the usual problems CTD after departure etc, deciding after to un-install the aircraft having always the same problem which is(after un-installing the aircraft),

when I run FS9 and click fly, if I am at an airport with AES support, I've always have CTDs after a seconds in cockpit. The only solution that I am able to find was to re-install AES and then everything is getting back to normal. The problem does not occurs if after I click fly go to an airport without AES support but its coming alive if a make a small flight from an airport without AES to an airport with AES, whan I am closing the airport with AES support, again FS9 crashes.

Exactly the same problem is happening with gates.to/FSNET.

As I said the only solution I have find is to re-install AES again.

Thanks

• Developer

Don't let us talk about airsimmers first, because this one is generating CTD is every situation you never know that it exists. I don't think, that it make sense to find a solution here, 99% of the reason will be in that product, not in what every it is comming near to.

I am also "member" of that desaster, so I know about what I am talking.

But gates.to is interesting, because the makers are the same as for the Vistamare Modules, AES is based on. Please (maybe if possible in a deinstalled Airsimmers installation), can you please explain in details, what you are seeing, what you tests and when it happens. Make a screen of the Vistamare -> About screen, so that we see what version of the modules you have.

I will take care, that the developer will have a look on it. It's maybe more an issue in gates.to and the Vistamare Modules, together with AES, but there the Vistamare/gates.to developer is important to find the issue.

• Developer

Ok,

I am not at my FS PC now, but it look like that some modules are outdated.

When you make the test, take care about the following:

- install the newest AES Version (2.09a) you find the installer at the AES productpage

- after you install gates.to/FSNet, start again once the AESHelp tool.

Then make the tests and if you still see problem, a screen of the About page.

It's possible, that the Gates.to installer downgrade the modules, but AESHelp will bring them back to the newest Version I know about.

Good day Oliver

I think your suggestion has worked 100%.

I am into FS9 for over 5 min without any CTD.

That's what I have done following your suggestion, I have installed again the FSNET and here is the "VistaMare About", without to run AES help at first,

fsnetinstallwithoutaeshelp.png

as you said it reduces the already installed version of it to another and of course I had only a par seconds to make the screen before the simulator has CTD.

Then I have opened AES help and restarted again the FS9, the following screen is showing that the AES has updated the "VistMare About",

withaeshelp.png

Thank you very much for the support, I think the problem is solved so far!

• Developer

Yes, the ViMaCore (FS Core intf) was the problem here. The old version was not able to handle correct address space > 2MB, that was solved with a later version which is now included by AES.

The (old) installer of Gates.to seams not to check the version before he overwrite the dll's