Curiosity of fuel flow

Alvaro

Hi people, I am not an owner of this plane because it is too simplified for me but I have been watching some pics of it and I have seen that in idle the FF is more than 1000 kg/h and engine, I think it should go around 400. Anyone can confirm this?

Yes Alvaro...

Big bug there... Even in CRZ thrust, FF is way more than it should !! However, just the display of course. Range is within the correct parameters.

Well... Another thing to be fixed !

Greetings Alvaro and fdm79,

I was the flight modeler for this project and might be able to give a little more insight into the topic of fuel flow.

For a gas turbine engine in FSX, the active Fuel flow is determined by the flowing equation:

Fuel Flow = Engine Thrust * Thrust Specific Fuel Consumption (TSFC)

I put in a significant amount effort to give an accurate thrust profile throughout the entire flight envelope. This involved creating engine tables from scratch by combining published performance data (see here) with known engine specifications as inputs and boundary conditions for a computer aided engineering program (CAE) which performs cycle analysis on gas turbine engines. (See Attached for raw data output imported to Excel) If you have any software which can edit .air files, I would suggest that you dump the Airbus's flight model and compare tables 1502-1506 with default MSFS to see what I am talking about.

While one has a significant amount of control over engine thrust, TSFC is a static variable in FSX. This is a somewhat reasonable assumption for a low bypass ratio turbofan or a turbojet, however, for a high bypass ratio turbo fan the TSFC is quite dynamic and primarily a function of: Altitude, Mach, and percentage of Maximum thrust. The difference between ground static and a cruise flight of M0.78 at FL350 is a factor of approximately 1.5. This makes it quite difficult to nail down a single value for use in the simulation. In this case, range was given priority over appropriate fuel flow for a single flight condition, and this was used as the standard from which the simulation TSFC was derived. Hopefully that answers your questions!

Kindest Regards,

John

CAE Output.zip

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

John, sorry for the delay answering. My thought was: with that FF the range wasn't the expected. But having read what you have written everything is clear and when the v2 will come out I will seriously take in account buying it.

Thank you

• Upvote 1