Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Backup Airplane Database

Moshe

Hi,

Can anyone advise please how can I backup and restore the airplanes configuration I manually did?

From some reason I see some airplanes are again not recognized so I need some backup to make it simpler... thanks.

One more issue - for the small planes with tail wheel and no doors to configure, how can I make AES not generate the message to configure the airplane every time it is loaded (is there a way to make AES ignore an airplane)? If it is possible, will these ignored planes still get a follow me service?

Appreciate an advice

Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Moshe,

to backup your aircraft configuration, you have 2 options:

- backup your complete AES folder, as it contains all relevant data. This is the best solution in the case you have to reinstall your complete FSX

- backup each individual config file named "intelliscene.cfg" found in each aircraft folder. copy it to another location and rename it like airbusx.cfg

Aditional infos can be found using the search function with the keyword "backup"

• Developer

The followme service is given to every "configured" aircraft. So, when you have no nosewheel, then you can make a "fake" config, where the nosewheel is somewhere, as long as the aircraft have an "shortname" it is serviced by the followme.