Decent speed

bartjefsx

Hi all, how is the Aerosoft Airbus handling the decent speed? With the Wilco i *always* need to apply the speedbrakes to slow down in the approach phase, or is this common for Airbus?

Hello Bartje

In the Descent phase you can, of course, use the speedbrake to slow the aircraft. However, in the Wilco version (and in the 'real' thing) this is seldom necessary as long as the aircraft is in Autoflight mode (with the Autothrust engaged, naturally). With the Aerosoft plane, the prescribed method is to put the Speed into 'Selected' (as opposed to 'Managed') by pulling (i.e. right-cliking) the Speed button on the FCU and dialling-in the desired speed. You can slow the aircraft by properly managing the descent profile - i.e. 'starting down' in sufficient time to allow a modest rate of vertical descent.

Speedbrakes are not normally employed during the Approach phase; this is where the flaps come into play. I hope this helps.

KInd regards

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks. In the Wilco, even if the V/S is just -1000ft it is very difficult to reduce the speed in selected mode. Never a problem with Boeing to reduce the speed but Airbus is hard to control the decent speed.