FDC Live Cockpit 2011 post instal probs

michael f

Hi. Hoping someone can help. Be warned - I am not a complete computer numpty but I am certainly no techie!

I have just got FDC Live Cockpit 2011 (CD boxed version) and loaded it no probs.

It's created (as expected) an icon on the desktop. When I double click that to start the programme my PC displays the picture of FDC for a few seconds like it's loading up fine and then.....that screen vanishes and....nothing else happens. When I open task manager it doesnt show FDC as running.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing (having disabled Norton, Windows Defender and turned off User Account Controls). Again it loaded fine but the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

I'm dying to get to try the programme out over the Christmas hols.

Oh - running Windows Vista home premium 64 bit (service pack 2); E8500 processor; 4GB RAM; and intending to run Live Cockpit with FSX and fly my PIC Wilco Boeing 737

Thanks

Michael

Hi. I had this frustrating problem too:

Go to your FDC folder and run the following:

PFE_V312_System.exe & Sysinfo_inst.exe

This should solve your problem. Took me a long time to figure out.

Chris

Chris

Chris - you are an absolute star! I have absolutely no idea what any of that was about but I've done it and.....the FDC Live Cockpit programme is working! Brilliant. Now I'm off to work out how the heck to use it! Expect more posts. Thanks mate. Really appreciate your help. Michael

• 5 months later...

Hello Chris,

Your comment was useful for me also!

Thanks!

Rgds,

Zsolt

Chris

• 2 months later...