Bush Hawk Missions dont's work well

dbarry

New to Bush Hawk download: The introductory mission seems to work but all other missions do lot allow loading of passengers, audio does not work, ect. any help appreciated.

Win 7 64 bit

ATI 5700 series display

Hello dbarry,

What version of FSX do you have, FSX+SP1 FSX+SP2 FSX+Acceleration.

Did you install the product as Adsministrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Is your FSX located in the default location IE: C:/Program Files etc or is it installed on another partition.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dbarry,

What version of FSX do you have, FSX+SP1 FSX+SP2 FSX+Acceleration.

Did you install the product as Adsministrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Is your FSX located in the default location IE: C:/Program Files etc or is it installed on another partition.

I am using the Flight Simulator Gold Edition that I believe to include Flight Sim X deluxe and Flight Simx acceleration expansion. I guess I don't know what SP2 FSX is or if it is installed.

I don't remember if I installed as administrator or not. I did however install per the programs instructions.

I had previous problems installing various addons in Windows 7/program files because of MS program edit restrictions. I have therefor relaoded my flight simulator x in the root directory as C:/flight simulation FSX/Aerosoft/The Bushhawk XP/

Unfortunately that might have been the wrong decision. This is the one location where you should rather not install FSX if you use Win 7. Best install it on a seperate HDD/partition.

The Bush Hawk problems might be depending on that because we alter some files, Win 7 might not allow this if FSX is installed on C:.

EDIT: I thought you meant C:/programs/... so it might not be as bad as I thought, it'd be still better to install FSX outside the windows partition.

Unfortunately that might have been the wrong decision. This is the one location where you should rather not install FSX if you use Win 7. Best install it on a seperate HDD/partition.

The Bush Hawk problems might be depending on that because we alter some files, Win 7 might not allow this if FSX is installed on C:.

EDIT: I thought you meant C:/programs/... so it might not be as bad as I thought, it'd be still better to install FSX outside the windows partition.

I find it a bit hard to understand why my Carenado's, Flight 1's, Genisis, Saitek, GoFlight, Shockwave, Zinertek, ect. work on the C:/ root but Bush Hawk missions don't.

I have found the BH missions in C:/Flight Simulaton FSX/missions/Aerosoft Missions/BHXP - ect., ect.. I did try to fly the Bush Hawk at Mount Edgecome Tour again and found that the fish load but not the passengers 1, 2, 3, ect.

The thing with C:/programs installations is that for some users it works and for others it doesn't. I'm just here to help you solving the problem. ;)

Now, there might be a misunderstanding about what the missions can do. Either a mission is working or it's not. Being able to load cargo but not passengers is not possible, so the important question is: does the mission load correctly?

To answer this simply press ESC and tell me if you see the usual free flight "end Flightsim" window or the mission window with the mission targets and rewards?

If you see the mission targets the mission has loaded correctly and will run - if not there's an issue.

The thing with C:/programs installations is that for some users it works and for others it doesn't. I'm just here to help you solving the problem. ;)

Now, there might be a misunderstanding about what the missions can do. Either a mission is working or it's not. Being able to load cargo but not passengers is not possible, so the important question is: does the mission load correctly?

To answer this simply press ESC and tell me if you see the usual free flight "end Flightsim" window or the mission window with the mission targets and rewards?

If you see the mission targets the mission has loaded correctly and will run - if not there's an issue.

OK i loaded Edgecombe and a few others and the ESCAPE button always brings up the missions targets and rewards; The load passengers window always overlays aircraft. There is no dialogue or mission pointers as far as I could see. The introductory mission had a lot of dialogue and pointers and as far as I could see it was excellent. Maby I have the wrong impression on what the missions do. Maby I am always supposed to read the initial mission notation before the mission starts and then just fly the plane. If so the missions are working OK. I also seem not able to trim out the aircraft as It always climbs to stall - or descends more than I want. Lots of work with yoke and power to keep it in the air.

That's bush flying. ;)

Those 'missions' are Assisted Flights (see manual), so there are no dialogs, just the flight description and the mission pointer (which does not trigger automatically), use ctrl+u and k to use it (see briefing).

Make sure you use the load window and payload calculator to load/unload the payload and to know about the center of gravity. If you load everything into the rear of the aircraft you'll have trouble keeping her straight. ;)