Aerosoft Almaty Scenery

Avengerz13

Hi! Dear Aerosoft development team! I would like to suggest you to make the scenery of Almaty. Almaty is the largest city in Kazakhstan and it also has the biggest and most modern airport in Kazakshtan. Almaty airport is daly operates a big various of cargo/business/commercial airplanes such as Boeing 747/777/767/757 an etc. And it also the main hub for Fedex flights who travels to China via Almaty. There is also available a free Almaty airport scenery for Fs2004 made by Nikita Fomin but it doesent have an Fsx support and it is not so modern and beautifull as it wanted to be because it was developed an created a long time ago http://www.avsim.su/...v-2-0-2838.html Lufthansa is also made flights to Almaty from Frankfurt on Airbus A340

Here is some links to Almaty photos made by local spotters. Hope you like it

http://forum.kzr-va....=2&showentry=24

http://forum.kzr-va....=1&showentry=23

http://forum.kzr-va....=7&showentry=19

http://forum.kzr-va....topic=78&st=100

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I would definitely purchase this, if Aerosoft were to develop it. Former-SSRs and CIS countries are severely underrepresented in Flight Simulator. Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo also deserve to be depicted.

• Upvote 2

Just registrated, although I'm reading here for a long time.

@Avengerz13: There is a simple freeware FSX scenery now, look at the Russian Avsim.

This scenery is definitely a scenery that I would buy. Almaty is a very nice airport and a very nice city as well. Besides that, Almaty is a perfect destination from Europe, about 6 to 7 hours from Frankfurt and Amsterdam. So, enough for a nice long flight but short enough to keep it interesting. Add to that, that it's a nice change from the typical tourist destinations and an ideal stopover if you like to fly to south-east Asia (Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Seoul) but don't want to sit for 12 hours....

BUT, I think it will be difficult to get acces to UAAA. Kazakhstan doesn't seem to be easy with thins like this. And as far as I know, it's not allowed to make photo's at the airport.

Probably it's not going to happen, but I really hope for CIS-Airports serie with Almaty UAAA, Astana UACC, Tashkent UTTT and maybe some more. And off course a seperate "Airports of Moscow" with Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo. Or even better, add Ostafyevo and Bykovo as well.

Just registrated, although I'm reading here for a long time.

@Avengerz13: There is a simple freeware FSX scenery now, look at the Russian Avsim.

This scenery is definitely a scenery that I would buy. Almaty is a very nice airport and a very nice city as well. Besides that, Almaty is a perfect destination from Europe, about 6 to 7 hours from Frankfurt and Amsterdam. So, enough for a nice long flight but short enough to keep it interesting. Add to that, that it's a nice change from the typical tourist destinations and an ideal stopover if you like to fly to south-east Asia (Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Seoul) but don't want to sit for 12 hours....

BUT, I think it will be difficult to get acces to UAAA. Kazakhstan doesn't seem to be easy with thins like this. And as far as I know, it's not allowed to make photo's at the airport.

Probably it's not going to happen, but I really hope for CIS-Airports serie with Almaty UAAA, Astana UACC, Tashkent UTTT and maybe some more. And off course a seperate "Airports of Moscow" with Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo. Or even better, add Ostafyevo and Bykovo as well.

The UAAA scenery wich is loacted on avsim was developed only for fs2004 and it works with a big bugs in fsx. That is not difficult to make the photos of terminal and other buildings. It could be provided by Almaty spotters club.As I saw from you profile you are flying for KLM as you know KLM has the regular flights to UAAA and it is not so long

The UAAA scenery wich is loacted on avsim was developed only for fs2004 and it works with a big bugs in fsx. That is not difficult to make the photos of terminal and other buildings. It could be provided by Almaty spotters club.As I saw from you profile you are flying for KLM as you know KLM has the regular flights to UAAA and it is not so long

There is a new one for FSX, on the Russian Avsim. It's very simple, but it does the job with 05R/23L

The pics in your links show aircraft, not the airport. As far as I know, and I might be wrong, you need detailed pics from the buildings made from the airport itself and not from far away with airplanes in between. I'm not sure that the Spotters club can do that? Or do they know how to get permission to acces and photograph the airports airside?

If I was able to get good pics, I would have a go myself, but that would be my first scenery. ;)

Second, the 6 to 7 hour flight time from AMS and FRA is correct. Flew that in real life a few times. Maybe with good wind LH can make it just under 6 from EDDF (or the A340 is faster, when I flew DLH they flew the A330-300).

Are you from KZ btw? Since you fly KZR?

• 6 months later...

I have just read that Aerosoft developing the Yekaterinburg scenery for both versions of mfs http://forum.aerosof...howtopic=47118. And I have just thought that there is maybe a very little-little chance that the scenery of Almaty will be created soon too or be planned too? It is great that Aerosoft developed the scenery of Yekaterinburg its awesome! Thanks a lot for reply!

Probably it's not going to happen, but I really hope for CIS-Airports serie with Almaty UAAA, Astana UACC, Tashkent UTTT and maybe some more.

You can find all of these at the Russian Avsim

You can find all of these at the Russian Avsim

Yes I know. Someone posted in the IVAO forum that a good Almaty scenery for FSX is being made. But the Almaty scenery for FSX that I have now is very simple. It has the new runway in it and it is way better as default, but it is very far from Aerosoft quality. About Astana and Tashkent, I know that there is a very good FS9 scenery for Tashkent and a reasonable one for Astana, but as far as I know they are FS9 only.

Anyway, I'm very happy with Koltsovo but still hoping for an Almaty scenery, allthough I think that the chance that it happens is very small. Most people seem to be interested in home - Greece - home - Turkey - home - Spain - home - Portugal - home - Greece flights or in short domestic flights...

edit, you know what? First time I went to Almaty I doubted if I actually wanted to go. I did not know what to expect and for me it was a strange place, far from home. But then I went there and I just fell in love with Almaty and nowadays if I'm there it almost feels like home...

• Upvote 1