Awesome Awesome Awesome

tommieboy

I just transitioned this month from FS9 over to FSX SP2 and recently purchased the Catalina. I already know from the few hours that I have flown this aircraft, that this is going to be my "go to" aircraft in FSX. You have to update your screen shots on your catalog site, as they don't do this aircraft's exterior textures justice. I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the aircraft's exterior textures are much better / detailed than depicted in your catalog.

My friends came over for dinner last week so I set up the Catalina in exterior "fly-by" mode over the Pacific Ocean with lots of clouds to fly through. They were very impressed with the quality of FSX simulator and the Catalina itself. I let it go in "fly-by" mode for a few hours, and there where no issues with this aircraft.

Regards,

Tommy

Glad you've found her, Tommy.

I favour aircraft from that period so I am a bit biased, but I consider the Aerosoft Catalina to be the most 'complete' vintage prop add-on available. I've been flying it regularly since it's release and can not fault it.

Superb in every aspect, and a comprehensive paint kit too.

:)

... and a comprehensive paint kit too...

I downloaded the paint kit, and then I found the download page (on this website) with all of the additional repaints for the PBY. Wow, there's something for everyone on that page.

Regards,

Tommy