V1.10 Speed brake handle sloooow...

tup61

Before the latest update I could swing the speed brake back to full with one single drag of the mouse. But ever since v1.11 I have to drag the mouse back and then the handle goes back veeeeeeeeeeeery slooooooooooooooowly... It really takes ages and so I resorted to using the / key, but that's isn't what I'd like to do...

Am I the only one with a sloooooow speed brake? If not, will v1.20 restore the quick handle?

Assign the speedbrake to an axis on your joystick.

As I use a Saitek X 52, I assigned the speedbrake to the slider on the throttle. Now the handling of the speedbrake is a dream! ;-)

Greets,

Michael

Assign the speedbrake to an axis on your joystick.

As I use a Saitek X 52, I assigned the speedbrake to the slider on the throttle. Now the handling of the speedbrake is a dream! ;-)

Greets,

Michael

Nice idea, but I have a rather simple joystick with just one slider (which I use for the throttle).

• Aerosoft

Before the latest update I could swing the speed brake back to full with one single drag of the mouse. But ever since v1.11 I have to drag the mouse back and then the handle goes back veeeeeeeeeeeery slooooooooooooooowly... It really takes ages and so I resorted to using the / key, but that's isn't what I'd like to do...

Am I the only one with a sloooooow speed brake? If not, will v1.20 restore the quick handle?

I'll check but I am not sure if we can change this as it is now now longer a FSX default animation but something we programmed to avoid other problems. It's now linked to the animation speed of the spoilers.

I'll check but I am not sure if we can change this as it is now now longer a FSX default animation but something we programmed to avoid other problems. It's now linked to the animation speed of the spoilers.

Ah, okay, that explains it. Now I know why, I can live with it, I think. ^_^ I think I will assign a button to the speed brake on my controller (which I like more than having to use the keyboard). I use full almost always anyway, so... no big problem. I rather have other problems avoided than a fast handling of the handle! (Specially if those other problems involve the ground spoilers: I love it that I can arm it by rightclicking: don't want to lose that!)