4100's Fatal Error

ejkelley1

I have a BAe 4100 sitting in my hanger, and I can't use it.

After purchasing my shiny new aircraft, I installed it and would not recognize the serial number... So I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, re-uninstalling... Oh! gotta run as administrator... installing... uninstalling... so I wrote the support guys at Aerosoft explaining the problem. The next day, I tried again to get the serial number to work since I only have one. Hurray! It work. Then I check my email to find that the support folks sent me a small app for the serial. quick response. Great, I should be good to go....

I go and setup my free flight scenario for one of my favorite flying holes, in this case Oahu, Hawaii, then go and select my shiny new BAe 4100 for a quick flight around the Island...oh, there it is... in the window of the ACFT screen...it's thinking...and thinking....the little Windows "thinking" icon slowly spinning...wait, usually the plane will spin in the window 360 degrees, this one isn't.

BAM! Flight Simulator suffered a FATAL ERROR! ....:blink:

Flight Simulator is re-starting...:wacko:

Here we go again. un-installing, reinstalling, run it again... Fatal Error again... Oh! Switch back an forth between all the compatibility modes, each time trying to re-start my Shiny new Bae 4100.

Remember back in the day with MSFS 98... The Kernel 32 error... Here we go again....

I tried writing support with the issue. No response. Yeah, I read the support forums to glean some insight of how to fix this issue. It seems the only definite approach to this problem is...'try this' or 'if you do this', but nothing about is causing the issue, because apparently according to this forum, my shiny new 4100 is not the only one with the issue.

My hanger is full of second party ACFT. The only issue I have had with any of them was the BUG F18. Yup, had to run as administrator and change the compatibility, logical fix. Now this ACFT (My shiny new BAe 4100) doesn't seem to like Windows 7, my computer, FSX or all three. Did I buy the X-Plane version by mistake? Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated, and honestly I'm kinda done searching for the "right" fix. The problem I think needs a definition before the correct fix is identified.

So, if anyone knows a good technical mechanic so I can begin enjoying my shiny new Bae4100, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Core i5 with 12GB of RAM and NVIDIA GT220 card. A relatively new system.

Eric

I have a BAe 4100 sitting in my hanger, and I can't use it. CUE INCESSANT RAMBLING:

After purchasing my shiny new aircraft, I installed it and would not recognize the serial number... So I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, re-uninstalling... Oh! gotta run as administrator... installing... uninstalling... so I wrote the support guys at Aerosoft explaining the problem. The next day, I tried again to get the serial number to work since I only have one. Hurray! It work. Then I check my email to find that the support folks sent me a small app for the serial. quick response. Great, I should be good to go....

I go and setup my free flight scenario for one of my favorite flying holes, in this case Oahu, Hawaii, then go and select my shiny new BAe 4100 for a quick flight around the Island...oh, there it is... in the window of the ACFT screen...it's thinking...and thinking....the little Windows "thinking" icon slowly spinning...wait, usually the plane will spin in the window 360 degrees, this one isn't.

BAM! Flight Simulator suffered a FATAL ERROR! ....:blink:

Flight Simulator is re-starting...:wacko:

Here we go again. un-installing, reinstalling, run it again... Fatal Error again... Oh! Switch back an forth between all the compatibility modes, each time trying to re-start my Shiny new Bae 4100.

Remember back in the day with MSFS 98... The Kernel 32 error... Here we go again....

I tried writing support with the issue. No response. Yeah, I read the support forums to glean some insight of how to fix this issue. It seems the only definite approach to this problem is...'try this' or 'if you do this', but nothing about is causing the issue, because apparently according to this forum, my shiny new 4100 is not the only one with the issue.

My hanger is full of second party ACFT. The only issue I have had with any of them was the BUG F18. Yup, had to run as administrator and change the compatibility, logical fix. Now this ACFT (My shiny new BAe 4100) doesn't seem to like Windows 7, my computer, FSX or all three. Did I buy the X-Plane version by mistake? Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated, and honestly I'm kinda done searching for the "right" fix. The problem I think needs a definition before the correct fix is identified.

So, if anyone knows a good technical mechanic so I can begin enjoying my shiny new Bae4100, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Core i5 with 12GB of RAM and NVIDIA GT220 card. A relatively new system.

Eric

Dont recall seeing anything posted by you in the PMDG forum. Technical support for the product is provided there not here, but I strongly urge you to resist the temptation to cut and paste - there is so little information in your post that you will find it removed faster than it appears as you don't seem able to provide information suitable for a troubleshoot and they don't suffer fools at all.

Suggest you go away, calm down, then detail things PROPERLY in the PMDG forum.

• Upvote 1

Dont recall seeing anything posted by you in the PMDG forum. Technical support for the product is provided there not here, but I strongly urge you to resist the temptation to cut and paste - there is so little information in your post that you will find it removed faster than it appears as you don't seem able to provide information suitable for a troubleshoot and they don't suffer fools at all.

Suggest you go away, calm down, then detail things PROPERLY in the PMDG forum.

Perhaps the reason why you (First Officer/Captain) don't recall seeing anything I posted in the PMDG forum before is because this is my first post in this forum. Is there a special handshake I have to learn before I participate? I do believe that I posted this in the correct forum since it was placed in the Aerosoft Forums> English Discussion & Support> MS FS - Aircraft Discussions & Support.

I illustrated the issue with this software on my system in my previous post. "Fatal Error" is a glaringly clear description of the issue since it is apparent that other user have expressed this same issue in their posts, within this same forum I might add. I can site several examples in this forum where it's participants, and presumably users of this model, have requested assistance with issues as the one I described, and which are in most cases, technical in nature.

Since I have shown no disrespect or poor taste here or my previous post, I don't think there is a need for you (First Officer/Captain) to show any either.

Either there is someone in this forum who can help or there isn't. If there is, I am interested in, and would prefer a response from someone who has constructive ideas of how to correct this issue and offer them. I can do without any further titillations of self worth.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the reason why you (First Officer/Captain) don't recall seeing anything I posted in the PMDG forum before is because this is my first post in this forum. Is there a special handshake I have to learn before I participate? I do believe that I posted this in the correct forum since it was placed in the Aerosoft Forums> English Discussion & Support> MS FS - Aircraft Discussions & Support.

I illustrated the issue with this software on my system in my previous post. "Fatal Error" is a glaringly clear description of the issue since it is apparent that other user have expressed this same issue in their posts, within this same forum I might add. I can site several examples in this forum where it's participants, and presumably users of this model, have requested assistance with issues as the one I described, and which are in most cases, technical in nature.

Since I have shown no disrespect or poor taste here or my previous post, I don't think there is a need for you (First Officer/Captain) to show any either.

Either there is someone in this forum who can help or there isn't. If there is, I am interested in, and would prefer a response from someone who has constructive ideas of how to correct this issue and offer them. I can do without any further titillations of self worth.

And still you provide no information of merit to enable anyone to offer assistance.

Go figure.

Plenty of fatal error posts at the PMDG forum, as detailed in the copious manual

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/136-the-pmdg-support-forum/

• Upvote 1

Hello Eric,

I believe Simon was saying he didn't see any post from you in the PMDG Support Forum as they have separate forums for there products to keep things neat.

The main thing as well is because of OOM etc its alsways best to state what OS and whether its a 32/64Bit system.

Sometimes changing the security settings in the properties of FSX can help as needs to be done with Wilco planes.

You may want to try that.

* Go into program files\microsoft games\

* highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it

* Select the SECURITY tab

* Click on your username (not on Administrator 1)

* Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)

* Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'

* Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK'

Worth a try.