Airbus X (Review).

Kestrel

Hello,

I'm new here, please be nice!

Recently I purchased the Airbus X and so far I've only had one flight with it, but that is enough to provide some feedback. Traditionally I've always flown Boeing aircraft's (757/767) but there has always been something about Airbus that has made me want to fly one. For years and years I've been waiting for a realistic representation to appear then last week I noticed the Aerosoft Airbus X - so after watching some videos I decided, why not?

Going from Boeing to Airbus is a big step since they are really quite different. So I have spent some time reading the well represented manuals and documents then finally last night I took the plunge with a friend and we both flew the A321 in Air Berlin colours. What I love about this pack is the fact that only the necessary controls are simulated (which are still complex and need a good understanding of before you start hitting buttons). This made the transition from Boeing to Airbus a lot easier for me, especially regarding the FMC(?).

The cockpit is probably one of the best virtual cockpits I've ever seen in FSX, smooth textures and soft shadow bakes really bring the cockpit to life! Then when darkness hits you can simply turn on the cockpit lights and a whole new realm is revealed. Talking of lights, the new landing/taxi light system is totally incredible, they actually shine against objects and really light up the way. Really good for landing and taking off, because the light follows the ground as you go up or down, really great.

The engine sounds are very realistic, I actually thought I was listening to a real recording at one point! - Perfect balance between cockpit air conditioning and engine sounds are heard from within the cockpit, again this really helps with the immersion. I did edit a few of the sounds though because the "loop samples" where not perfectly done producing a very annoying "click" sound every-time the sound loops - I know it can be hard looping stereo sounds so fair enough and easily fixed if you know what your doing.

Hopefully if Aerosoft decides to create some kind of update that will bring the more advance systems to the aircraft - hopefully I would have learn't the Airbus by then, if not I could always roll back to the original which will be great. I love the way that all of the systems currently work in conjunction with external equipment (as far as I'm aware). I have always wanted to purchase additional external equipment but they never seem to work with payware aircraft, but now I can! - It's also nice to hear that this aircraft will work with "Share cockpit" mode, I have used this in the past with a friend but again only on small aircraft such as those produced by Carenado.

Again if Aerosoft decides to create a A330 pack I will be one of the first in-line to purchase it! - So all in all a very well created aircraft, frame rate friendly and affordable. I'd just like to thank the Aerosoft team for creating this wonderful package. Hope you decide to do an A330 pack too!

Thanks,

Oovee.

Just to clarify for anyone who has been misled by this review. It is not possible to fly this plane from the right hand seat in shared cockpit mode. Only the left hand display screens are fully functional.