Default state

paskie

When the plane is first loaded, the default state is with the engines on. If you select the cold and dark state in the MCDU, you can hear the engines trying to start continuously. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me? I'd like at the very least to have the option to start the plane with the cold and dark state by default, or ideally have the option to have my own custom state as the default one. Is any of this possible?

Another issue I'm having is that I can't get the T.O. Config check button to work anymore (don't get the checklist in the ECAM), did work once, looks like something isn't quite in the right state, not sure what it is, going through the documentation to find out if I have missed something out.

And finally. I had another strange issue, only happened once so far, during the take off roll, I could not get the plane off the ground. I could see the cross in the PFD going up as I pulled the joystick, but at 180knots the plane was still glued to the runway... I wonder what I could have done wrong for that to happen!

Thanks

I have not bought this bus yet, but looking at your second issue. Did you crosscheck your V-speeds vs TOW (Take Off Weight). Also (and I do not know if this is implemented), but you need to check your trim (stab setting).

Hope this helps :)

• Aerosoft

Could it just be that you hear the cooling systems? When you select cold and dark they need a few seconds to get to fully off and it sounds indeed like they are RESTARTING. Just leave it for a while.

I'll have a look at the TO Config button, could be we did not fully implement that.

On the TO, could it be your AP was set at the ground level?

Could it just be that you hear the cooling systems? When you select cold and dark they need a few seconds to get to fully off and it sounds indeed like they are RESTARTING. Just leave it for a while.

I'll have a look at the TO Config button, could be we did not fully implement that.

On the TO, could it be your AP was set at the ground level?

It's definitely the engine startup noise. I think the right sequence to reproduce the problem is this:

1. Create a brand new flight

2. Select cold and dark or switch the engines off.

3. Save the flight in FSX.

4. Restart FSX and select the previously saved flight. You can hear the engines trying to startup continuously.

If you don't switch the engines off when you save the flight, then things are ok when you load the flight (but the engines are on, I'd like them to be off).

Seems to be related to saving the flight in FSX. Could you please look into this? How about changing the default state on startup as well?

Need to do more tests about the TO issue. Will keep you posted. Might actually be related to the saving the flight issue as well.

• Aerosoft

Ahhh okay, then it makes sense. Just select cold and dark again after you reloaded the aircraft. FSX can not save all setting for these more complex aircraft, that's why we needed the Aircraft Save option. It's not something that can be changed.

Ok, I've tried to reload the aircraft after loading the saved flight, and everything is ok, so I think I can live with this. The TO issues also seem to go away when doing this.

Thanks