THR CLB

Yankee

Hi all Captain's!

I can also confirm the speed issue in climb mode. Five flights have been tested, both the 320 and the 321, and the speed issue applies to both models.

My experience is that when using a costindex of 80, I'll get around 90%N1 trust (about half cargoweight and pax and with 5-6 tonns of fuel). The flights starts perfect, but I'll always get trouble around 15-20000ft where the aircraft is no loger able to hold the climb speed. I have been waching the N1 trust all during climb, and It starts promising the first part of climb (under 10000ft). Before 10000ft, the N1 trust is about 70-80 depening on weights and weather conditions. When accelerating up to 300kn after 10000ft, the N1 trust increases to maximum, and when 300kn is reached, it decreases to more normal levels again, 75-85%.

Then something intersting is happening. I continue to monitor the N1 trust, speed and altitude. The N1 trust inreases again slowly as new hights have been reached. When the Airbus is around 15-20000ft, the N1 trust is at maximum for the chosen cost index, and the aircraft is no longer capable of holding the speeds as it contiune climbing. I have never got this aircraft higher than FL320, but that took almost an hour(!), and never above 0.70 Mac.

By the way, I have also tested with different cost indexes (10-20-50-80) but with the same result.

Otherwise I like this Airbus very very much and hope that the Aerosoft crew will sort this speed issue out in the next days. Maybe the solution is to mount a extra set of engines?? :P

Airbus-with-fix.jpg

------------

Øystein

• Upvote 1

Here's my test: Climbing at FL 310 changeing from CLB to MCT or TOGA doesn't make any difference in the engine thrust, the only thing that chang is the N1 value but not because a real chang of thrust... just nominally! Make this try: while you are climbing try to input TOGA from CLIMB and MCT.... You'll see it!

post-17543-128371962097_thumb.jpg

post-17543-128371963265_thumb.jpg

post-17543-128371964254_thumb.jpg

post-17543-128371965603_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

Gents, the 1.10a update is now available and changes this behavior. see here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38188

I will now close this topic so we do not get confused between the old files and the new files. Do report back on this of course!

• Upvote 1