Autopilot

CaptainTim

Hi Gents,

First off great job on the Airbus. Shes magnificent.

However just had a wee problem.

Took off out of heathrow, had manually put 2 fixes departure specific and the rest of the route. I engaged the autopilot and upon climbing past FL100, the airplane makes a right turn to head towards BPK however the plane remains in a right bank, nose pitched up and will not respond to any autopilot command other than manual joystick input. Both AP1 and AP2 were tried and neither responded.

The flight director is showing off to the extreme left and when trying to engage the autopilot to track heading or hold an altitude, it won't respond.

I shall try and replicate this again see whether it was me or the plane.

Cheers,

Tim

Hello Tim,

We do advise that you follow the Step by Step manual to get yourself acquainted to how the aircraft is controlled etc.

If you follow the tutorial then you may find there was a step you may have missed on your own excursions.

Next time try to press the DIR button on the MCDU and select the blue bracketed waypoint.

Then select F-PLN again

Now You will fly from Present position to You selected waypoint.

Finn