Follow Me problem at LEBL

Hi Oliver,

I have the New Spanish Airports package (several years old) which includes LEBL - Barcelona. After landing on 25L and exiting the runway at the far end I requested the follow me to Gate A1.

The attached screenshot show the position of my aircraft (Red X) when I first requested the Follow Me. C shows where the Follow Me appeared.

post-1787-127031639662_thumb.jpg

I cancelled the request and rerequested at the blue X. This time the Follow Me took me to A1 but he taxiied up Rwy 02 which is an active runway. My path is shown by the dotted line.

This doesn't seem normal behaviour. Taxiway DA seems a better routing. Have you any idea why it is happening? At all other airports I have AES for everything is great.

Thanks.

• Verified Developer

Sorry Sir, but You don't use the original Version of LEBL here, so all south of runway 25® is not part of the scenery and not supported by AES. You need to wait for the new Version of Simwings Bacelona 2010, then all will be fine.

Sorry Sir, but You don't use the original Version of LEBL here, so all south of runway 25® is not part of the scenery and not supported by AES. You need to wait for the new Version of Simwings Bacelona 2010, then all will be fine.

Hi Oliver,

I can't remember if the original 'New Spanish Airports' package included the new runway 25L. It sounds from your reply that it was added afterwards, hence the problem.

It's a pity this wasn't made clear when I purchased the credits. Although it's only 2 credits it is frustrating that full functionality is not available. If I'd known this I wouldn't have bought the credits.

Do you know when Barcelona 2010 will be released?

PS. If I land on 07L/25R will everything be okay?

• Verified Developer

Hi Oliver,

I can't remember if the original 'New Spanish Airports' package included the new runway 25L. It sounds from your reply that it was added afterwards, hence the problem.

It's a pity this wasn't made clear when I purchased the credits. Although it's only 2 credits it is frustrating that full functionality is not available. If I'd known this I wouldn't have bought the credits.

Do you know when Barcelona 2010 will be released?

PS. If I land on 07L/25R will everything be okay?

Sorry Sir, but AES will full function at the airport as defined. That should be clear first. When you use a enhancement (beside the original Airport), it is not AES related issue.

Btw: In spain, nobody will get the Followme at the runway, all followme will wait at the Apron border, so when you taxi as defined by the ATC to the apron and request the followme north of Runway 07L/25R, AES will give you all as in real life (before the new terminal goes in operation).

LEBL 2010 is in development, release not defined yet, first half of the year is maybe realistic.

Sorry Sir, but AES will full function at the airport as defined. That should be clear first. When you use a enhancement (beside the original Airport), it is not AES related issue.

Btw: In spain, nobody will get the Followme at the runway, all followme will wait at the Apron border, so when you taxi as defined by the ATC to the apron and request the followme north of Runway 07L/25R, AES will give you all as in real life (before the new terminal goes in operation).

LEBL 2010 is in development, release not defined yet, first half of the year is maybe realistic.

Hi Oliver,

I think the main problem is FS2004 is my installation is 6 years old, I've had LEBL installed for over 5 and I'm a relatively new purchaser of AES. So when I saw LEBL was available in AES I assumed (wrongly as it turned out) that it was compatible with both runways.

But all is not lost. If I wait until I cross 07L/25R before I request a Follow Me everything should be okay.

Thanks for the news on the new version of LEBL.