Spoilers Lever

dmike

A few days ago, I got myself a saitek yoke, with a throttle quadrant. I installed the drivers and the programming software (SST). Everything worked like a charm. I set up the you and quadrant in FSX (so NO programming software). And I assigned one of the levers to the spoiler/airbrake

The thing is. That when deploying the spoilers in some airplanes (coolsky md80, PMDG, wilco bus 1/e-jet), everything works fine. The spoler deploys, and retracts as it should. But when using default airplanes, Ariane 737, CS757/767, the spoiler doesn't work as its supposed to do. When almost retracted it suddenly deploys fully, and when retracting it jerks back and forth.

Any ideas for a sollution?

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

I'm relying on dim and distant memory here, but FSX did slightly alter the way the (default) spoilers worked using an axis. FSX is actually more consistent with axis operation, if I recall Pete Dowsons comments on the matter. So it is likely that the other aircraft use their own system that will not allow both to be mapped at the same time.

The solution, as ever, is to use the payware version of FSUIPC to map the control. You cannot achieve consistency across all aircraft without it. Conceivably, the mapping software with the controller may also intercept the command and adjust it at a local level, but frankly for simming purposes, FSUIPC is damn near a de facto requirement for complex hardware operation.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 2

Well. I also thought about using FSUIPC for mapping. And as I stated in the first post, I didn't use the sfotware that came with the yoke. Only the configuration that FSX allows.

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

Well. As it turns out a bit to thourugh on my checklist. I just noticed that when I deploy the spoilers in the air, they work as they are supposed to do.

And for landing? The problem is only when retracting the spoilers

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

This was discussed by Pete Dowson and explained. Suggest going to his forum and doing a search to find the topic I am relying on recollection for. It has to do with a control command code function which acts as a limiter on spoiler operation as it's a bit technical for a general discussion about a non-Aerosoft specific issue.

• Upvote 1