Radar alt and Radar Stucking..

WalKMaN

Hey!

I have the Aerosoft F-16, version 1.21..

I have two problems..

1. The line "AL XXX" which supposed to be under the radar altitude box isn't been there after I turn on the Radar Alt switch in the sensor panel. I understood there is a problem with that function, but how can I cause it work?

2. When I fly with another plane, and I get close to him, I use the takeover speed in the radar to save the formation.

Sometimes, the details on the radar about the target dissapear and on the HUD those details get stuck(not dissapear). That stucking can take ten seconds, and can take over a minute.

You can see that in the picture below: http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp9/WalKMaN-/as.png

You can see the there are no details on the radar and the details in the HUD are stucking

What can I do? Thanks for helpers..

Daniel

Guten Tag

The HUD (your pic) shows all data to keep position

According Ranging Reticle you are approx 1000 feet behind target.

This operates like a clock, in that 1 o'clock means 1000 feet, 3 o'clock means 3000 feet and so on.

Target Range Bar has switched to 10 sm. Range Bar can switch to max 20 sm

Left of Target Range Bar you have Target Closing Speed Caret.

Caret moves up/down according target distance

Left of Caret you see closing speed of 7 kts .

In case target is 7 kts faster, closing speed is indicated -7

Flying this close to target you are in an urgent head up situation .

Perhaps that is why radar MFD surpresses target data (my guess)

Designer of aerosoft f16 HUD did a very good job.

Hope this helps.

Günter

• 1 month later...

oK..

What about the first question?

What need I do in order to see the "AL200" in the HUD?

IIRC, I made it so that that altitude information is replaced by target distance info when you have a radar lock. (Which I believe is realistic.) Another IIRC... I think you can switch the main altitude scale to show radar altitude instead of alt ASL. (Been awhile since I messed with it all!)