Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Repaint problem PMDG747

Guest inbrekers1

Guest inbrekers1

Hi,

Recently (read yesterday) I started painting on a KLM B747 for the PMDG744X. Now, I have done the base-layers and saved all the textures to DXT5 or DXT1 (depending on the piece of the plane) And i wanted to run it in FSX and this is what it looks like.. Anyone knows how to solve this?

2nib9u0.jpg

Anyone who knows how to solve this issue? I already tried to change the saving format.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Hauke

(i cannot see your screenshot - only the top half loads. i am commenting on what i think the problem is)

i had the same trouble in the beginning, and it turns out you have to uncheck Mipmapping in DXTbmp (i assume thats what youre using. are you using something else?)

50659890.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

The second part of the screenshot got cut off by fraps and filled in with black but that isn't important... I tried saving it again following your method and it still isn't working...

This is who I worked untill now for this paint:

I used the paintkit from PMDG's site and opened it in Photoshop CS4 Extended.

I painted everything as I wanted it to be.

I saved it as a .PSD file.

I opened it in DXTbmp and resaved it as DDS DXT5.

I loaded it into FSX and it didn't work...

Anyone knows what I did wrong?

Thanks for the help anyway Gaura.

The second part of the screenshot got cut off by fraps and filled in with black but that isn't important... I tried saving it again following your method and it still isn't working...

This is who I worked untill now for this paint:

I used the paintkit from PMDG's site and opened it in Photoshop CS4 Extended.

I painted everything as I wanted it to be.

I saved it as a .PSD file.

I opened it in DXTbmp and resaved it as DDS DXT5.

I loaded it into FSX and it didn't work...

Anyone knows what I did wrong?

Thanks for the help anyway Gaura.

Well is strange because i see that you get the tail and the wing tips right, so it can not be a missed cfg edit problem. Did you check if all the files you made have indeed overwrite the original dds files?

then i think i know what your problems is.

first of all try exporting the file from PS in a .tga (Targa with Alpha) and open that in DXTbmp and save from there.

then try starting FSX, going into "display" settings, and change the global texture resolution (first page) to High (or very high). i dont know why, but my repaints would'nt show on a lower level for some reason.

Guest Hodge001

Hi Hauke

Did you install the Nvidia plug in for Photoshop, as it may help.

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

Tthe tools to download and install are the Adobe Photoshop Normal Map and DDS Authoring Plug-ins.

Also when you have flatten you finished image you can then save it directly to Dxt5 format, it makes things a lot easier, and as I say may help with your problem.

I hope it is of some use.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest inbrekers1

It doesn't seem to work. I'll redo whole the paint and retry it next week.

Thanks for your help anyway.