no hud or mfds on 64 bit vista

mphixson

No hud or mfd's on 64 bit vista. have version 1.11 (box version). upgraded to 1.20, still the same issue. Even if i do a SHIFT 2 and start with everything running, no Hud or Mfd's.

System is a quad core with 6 GB of memory. all other aerosoft are still working (pby catalina, twin otter, seahawk); as are my other 35 payware (a2a, pmdg, cap sim, just flight, flight1).

the hud and mfd are on, but no display. is it compatible with acceleration? is it compatible with 64 bit vista ultimate?

any idea how I can load it from the free flight menu and get the HUD and MFDs working? my default flight is a cold and dark cessna with everything off except the avionics.

the only way i can get the hud or mfd to work is to load up my cold and dark cessna, start it up and then switch to the F16 from the drop down menu. at that point it brings up the two choices, and i select the one on the right, the running option and then the hud and mfd are working.

I'd like it to work like all my other planes. load the plane up from the Free Flight Menu and follow the checklist to start it up, and have the HUD and the MFD work!

Thanks for any ideas..

I haven't heard of any compatibility issues with Vista, and since you get the HUD and MFDs to work through the steps you listed, that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Are you following every step of the startup checklist properly? Since they work when the aircraft is running (after starting another aircraft and then switching to the F-16 like you described) it could be a power problem. Is your engine spooling up properly, past ~22% RPM? Also, after loading the F-16, do you start the checklist right away or do you use the Shift+2 menu to put it in a cold and dark state first?

Marcus

My default flight is a cold and dark cessna with avionics on.

Hud and MFDs do not work in the following situations:

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, start checklist to get engine running.

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, SHIFT+2, and select cold and dark and follow checklist

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, SHIFT+2, and select running.

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, CTRL+E.

Hud and MFD's work if I do the following:

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, CTRL+E, SHIFT+2 and select running.

Load Cessna cold and dark, Start cessna, then select F16 from the drop down menu.

I will try these additional cases later:

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, CTRL+E, SHIFT+2 and select cold and dark and follow checklist.

I guess the next step is to check to see what every key is mapped to, in the hopes that some default key is off and causing the issue.

It sounds like a problem I have had with other aircraft in the past, where the aircraft you previously shut down has turned off some feature or system that you can't turn on in the aircraft you switch into. Ctrl+E probably turns that "feature" back on automatically and that's why it works for you. By that logic, the additional case you mentioned should work, but it's still a hassle to go through even those few steps everytime you fly.

I too have a cold and dark C172 flight set as my default, but I don't have any problems with it and the F-16. I attached the files for this flight, feel free to load it up with FSX and see if that setup works for you. Just place them in your "Flight Simulator X Files" (here on XP: C:\Documents and Settings\***USER***\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files).

Marcus

Finally had time to check the last condition which was:

Load F16 from free flight menu, hit FLY, CTRL+E, SHIFT+2 and select cold and dark and follow checklist

Following that combination the MFD's work but the HUD does NOT.

So it looks like I can't use the checklist to start up. Bummer!

Oh well, I will play with it a little more.

I suppose I can always dump it on eBay.

Thanks

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hello;

When you started the mission,or one from free flight,when you pressed Shift+2,did 2 options come up on the screen,if so select the one that has the plane that is running.Here is an image of what you should see after pressing Shift+2,just click on the one that is running(the one on the right).

Mark

post-26378-127059280066_thumb.jpg