How to (EN): set hotkey or joystick buttons to operate Discus panel switches

B21

As of update 1.6, two panel switches (Vario/STF and STAT [sEGEL/MOTOR]) can now have keypresses or joystick buttons assigned, but you have to assign them:

From the FSX start menu, Settings -> Controls -> Buttons/Keys

post-17895-126716847361_thumb.jpg

* the STAT [sEGEL/MOTOR] switch is toggled by the "Category:Instruments"->"Alternate static source (on/off)" Event.

* the Vario/STF switch is toggled by the "Category:Systems"->"Cabin alert - Seatbelts (on/off)" Event. (there is no sensible FSX event to choose, so this looked a reasonable unused candidate...)

so you just have to assign keys/buttons to those two events.

FYI on my PC I set the vario/stf switch (i.e. cabin alerts - seatbelts) to ctrl-\, and the static switch (alternate static) to shift-\, neither of which is used for anything else, and that worked fine. To repeat, neither of the events chosen is assigned to a key by default, so the user has to go into the FSX main menu 'Settings'->'Controls'->'Buttons/keys'. Using the category drop-down makes the events easier to find, and the 'Alternate Static' event is the *first* one on the 'Instruments' category... to test you can just watch the panel switch as you hit the key...

B21

• Upvote 1