Catalina and Shared Cockpit

yallu

Hello, my first post here. I've got the Catalina (and lots of other Aerosoft planes) and I'm wondering if me and my friend could fly it using the default FSX shared cockpit feature. I realize of course that it is made for the default planes but still, how much essential functionality would we lose with this plane using shared cockpit? Or to put in another way, is it possible to fly the Catalina in a shared cockpit with reasonably good flying experience?

How about the Twin Otter X? As I have it too... Any other Aerosoft props (preferrebly those that are a little bit larger and faster then 100 IAS) that would work reasonably well with shared cockpit?

• 2 weeks later...

I have flow shared cockpit on GameSpy in both the Twin Otter and the PBY Catalina with no problems. The DHC-6 isn't particularly challenging, but the Catalina is much better with a co-pilot, or as the co-pilot since you have the cowell flaps, carb heat, floats, radios, prop pitch as your responsibility. I adds a whole new dimension to the sim.

Thank you very much.

I was wondering also if you or anyone else are aware of any twin engine prop pilot co-operation/challenge-response/cockpit operation flow guide, real or for simulator use? That is, which pilot (PF, PNF) does what, the responsibilites, and what are the requests and responses - the flow of things from preparation to parking (I don't know the real terminology in english). Any company SOP for any twin engine prop would be good place to start...

Generally the PF will take care of engine startup, navigation and flying.

The PNF will take care of Comms and auxilary systems and helpout on navigation.

Very much like when You take a trip in the car with Your wife...

You manage the engines, drives and decide where to drive, while she takes care of the talking and tells You where You turned the false way, but also adjust the A/C and feeds You with cookies and coffee (Aux systems).

:)

Finn

Very much like when You take a trip in the car with Your wife...

Funny you should say that... I just gave in and bought a GPS navigator to get rid of my wife reading the map :D.

Funny you should say that... I just gave in and bought a GPS navigator to get rid of my wife reading the map :D.

I did for a year ago...

and the voice is so much smoother from the GPS :)

Finn