Transfer to FSX

a320sim

HiHi,

I wonder if someone can answer my question please. I have just recently decided to make the switch over to FSX from FS9. I had purchased AES credits for all my airports within FS9, and I wonder if I installed the base pack of AES in to FSX there would be a way of transferring all my activated airports from FS9 in to FSX or would this be a completely different purchase which would mean having to start from scratch with my credits.

I apologise if this question is being asked before I look forward to a response.

• Developer

Just install AES to the FSX and you will see, that all is transferred automatically, you only need to doubleclick the airports you have already installed in FSX via AESHelp, the SN's and Activations are all done for you.

Just install AES to the FSX and you will see, that all is transferred automatically, you only need to doubleclick the airports you have already installed in FSX via AESHelp, the SN's and Activations are all done for you.

Thank you

Oliver:

How would this work if you were upgrading computers concurrently with switching to FSX? The old PC with FS9 would no longer be used. Is there a way to copy over the credits files?

Jerry Post

KORF

• Developer

Oliver:

How would this work if you were upgrading computers concurrently with switching to FSX? The old PC with FS9 would no longer be used. Is there a way to copy over the credits files?

Jerry Post

KORF

Yes: Copy the <fs9>\Aerosoft\AES directory with all subfolder to the new PC below the below the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES Directory and start the AESHelp from the new AES directory (Maybe you get some warning, if the addons are not all installed before), then go to the airport list and press the "repair/resync" Button. Now you can use it as before in FS9 with all settings and activations.

When a new AES version is avaiable, you install it as before, only by selecting the FSX.

Hi guys,

I have just installed the latest version of AES onto my computer with FSX. My credits transferred successfully and I've been able to activate my FSX airports without a problem using the AES help icon. I then position my aircraft at a airport which I have activated and leave FSX running in the background.

When I hit the "Select Aircraft parameters" within the help screen I get an error message saying "Please start AES config.exe from the path C:\program files (X 86) etc etc". This I found I needed to do in the documentation as I am running Windows 7. I then navigate to the config.EXE file in the AES directory. On double-clicking the file config.EXE, the AES config 2.5 window appears and when selecting "Select aircraft parameters" I receive a message box entitled "Wrong AES config running" together with an error message within a box saying "AES config does not fit to the running FS Version:0". At the same time this happens an error message is generated within the AES config window saying "Error while connecting to Flightsim. Please start FS and place aircraft on active AES airport. Needless to say Flightsim is already running.

I look forward to your help in dealing with this matter

Cheers

Ian

• Developer

Hi guys,

I have just installed the latest version of AES onto my computer with FSX. My credits transferred successfully and I've been able to activate my FSX airports without a problem using the AES help icon. I then position my aircraft at a airport which I have activated and leave FSX running in the background.

When I hit the "Select Aircraft parameters" within the help screen I get an error message saying "Please start AES config.exe from the path C:\program files (X 86) etc etc". This I found I needed to do in the documentation as I am running Windows 7. I then navigate to the config.EXE file in the AES directory. On double-clicking the file config.EXE, the AES config 2.5 window appears and when selecting "Select aircraft parameters" I receive a message box entitled "Wrong AES config running" together with an error message within a box saying "AES config does not fit to the running FS Version:0". At the same time this happens an error message is generated within the AES config window saying "Error while connecting to Flightsim. Please start FS and place aircraft on active AES airport. Needless to say Flightsim is already running.

I look forward to your help in dealing with this matter

Cheers

Ian

Did you read an try the solution in this pinned post: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26448