Gliding Weather

apilot01

As a comment, I started flying at school as an Air Cadet and gained my Glider A and B certificates at RAF Hendon. When I started working I learnt to fly a Beagle Pup 100 and gained a PPL. When that became too expensive (and work / life commitments interfered) I later started "flying" with FS95 and now have FSX so my skills have developed along with my PC spec. (I now run a dual core machine with TripleHead2Go and Track IR).

I still enjoy following the FSX tutorials, I know they are over-simple but they are still enjoyable. I have completed the gliding tutorial a few times and still find the initial aero tow a challenge. I notice many have referred to weather simulation; I would be interested in a "Gliding Weather" simulation so I could use the FS glider at, say, Dunstable Downs or Lasham (both UK gliding centres)or Minden NV and practice flying by searching for the thermals etc rather than flying toward the large green spirals which show in FSX.

I understand why they are there, but now I have completed the flight I would like to do more than simply repeat it. Could "Gliding Weather" be incorporated into the new sim?

I will continue with the rest of the tutorials simply for the pleasure and challenge of using them.

But "Gliding Weather" would be very good.

You don't have to wait for a new simulator to go simsoaring "as real as it gets". It already can be done in FSX.

Have a look at this site: http://www.luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/

and at the Soar Forums section at the bottom of this Aerosoft forum and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Bert