Aes available on all FSX airports

Dear people.

I've got AES and like it a lot. I've got a question. Is it possible to build a package of AES which is available on all airports without having to buy other scenery's with it? Like Nurnberg default airport. But then for all FSX airports. I would like that sure.B)

If you couldn't make such a package it is not a major problem.

Perfectflyer:D

EDIT: normal AES doesn't support all airports and needs scenery's that suck my frame rate!

For you information, the only default airport that is and will be AES'ed is nurnberg. There are already a lot of freeware airports for FS9 AES'ed, and probably the same will happen with freeware FSX airports. And BTW, the default airports are soooooo ugly. They don't even look like the real airport.

Greetz from holland;)

Joost

You know there are thousands of airports in FSX, right?! Can you imagine how much work that would be for Oliver to support all of them?? :blink:

Off course i see.

What is another possibility is that you can choose your own airports to be supported or not.

The ones you use the most.(from the thousends of airports there are i use some)

I don't know if there's any way to do that.

But is there only 1 person working on that package?

I thought you had a team which has done that.

I also thought that is was quite simple.

Just replace jetways, ground vehicles and that kind of stuff.

Off course i see.

What is another possibility is that you can choose your own airports to be supported or not.

The ones you use the most.(from the thousends of airports there are i use some)

I don't know if there's any way to do that.

But is there only 1 person working on that package?

I thought you had a team which has done that.

I also thought that is was quite simple.

Just replace jetways, ground vehicles and that kind of stuff.

If you are interested in replacement jetways there is a package that does that http://secure.simmarket.com/zinertek-ultimate-airport-environment-x.phtml.

In terms of AES for every airport it would be too much work for the developer to do to redo all the jetways etc to add complete AES. However I don't see why some basic AES functions couldn't be provided at EVERY airport - surely the catering trucks etc could be programmed to appear a set distance away from the aircraft - why would it matter what airport or gate etc they were at? Obviously this wouldn't be as good as the detailed attention the payware airports get (and at some gates they may appear in buildings etc) but it would be better than nothing

Jon

• Developer

Ok,

before you continue this discussion: I will never make any default airport for AES.

Why: Because the defaults are far away from the intentions, I had with AES. AES is a addon for a good implemented realistic Airport addon, to add features, where the scenery designers have not the technologie to implement this features to there products, like realistic animated jetways (primary in FS9) and a pusback, that not only bring you somewhere, but not where you have to be. The other surounding features are only gimics to bring in a more realistic feeling to a nice implemented scenery environment. A default airport is fare away from any realistic feeling.

But, I think a longer time about the technical posibility to make AES feature available to "Afcad" Based Airports, so that every available airport can have some basics from AES. But this can only be happens, when it goes automatically, so I don't need any minute for each airport. There are some nogos yet, like one of the most important features: pushback. There is no way to automatically calculate the correct pushback sequences. Maybe sometimes I find a way to do that, but until this point, I will not make any defaults on the same process I need today.

And by the way: When you are happy with default airports, then you are maybe also happy with the default features of the FS at this locations.

Hello Oliver!

Perhaps you could do the push back like the Leonardo MD-80 and PMDG 747? There you choose the push back distance, and in what direction and how many degrees the plane shall be turned after the push back. This would function on any airport without any manual labor for you. Even if this would be inferior to the way it is on fully AES:d airports, it would be an immense improvement compared to Shift-P push back by an invisible and silent tractor.

As I wrote in another thread a light edition AES with limited push back function (like my suggestions above), stairs (wherever the aircraft is parked, only related to the aircraft parameters), luggage conveyor belts, fuel truck, catering service and the ground crew would be enough (these functions are only related to plane parameters and not airport configuration as I understand it). Perhaps also cleaning service. There are perhaps 50 rather small or very small airports without AES (and which will probably never get full AES support), to which I fly on a regular basis, where I would buy credits for AES lite.

While I am on the line, I would like to push for luggage function even on the left hand side of the aircrafts. I fly a lot of turboprops, and many of them have cargo doors on the left side (as you of course know).

rgds

Krister Renard

Uppsala, Sweden