Another Carrier start problem

malomowny

Hello everyone

I have problem with Your AAA addon to FSX.

First of all, I've got FSX+Acceleration.

I think that problem is serious, but I hope that You can help me.

When I am installing Your product, in the end ( when installation is nearly complete ) it appears error ( link to image ):

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5564/beztytuumro.jpg

Afterwards, the installation is complete, and when in FSX menu I can "open" mission, but when I try to start career, the FSX doesn't show me intro, and when loading screen disappear, I have only Cessna Caravan (cold and off - without engine running ), and I also cannot open menu, when i try ctrl+., or manually from cockpit. I have only new scenery and that's all.

Please help me.

Cheers.

Hmm, When I apply option ctrl + F in FSX folder, it found only 1 file called: "FSCategories_XML_before_Twin Otter X - Mission Pack_was_install.bak". Is it this file, which You want to look and check?

I looked for this file in missions folder, but I probably don't have got it there.

Please reply

Hi,

mine FScategories.xml is in the folder ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Categories\ with all the backed up

versions like FSCategories_XML_before_Beaver X_was_install.bak,

Cheers

Yes, in fact it's in FSX/Categories.

Ignore all the other xml files, there's only one important file: "FSCategories.xml" for SP1/SP2 users and "FSXXCategories.xml" for Acceleration users.

I attach the correct Aerosoft-added file complete with banner.

Ok I've got it. First of all I give You my "old" XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?> - <SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0" id="FSCategories"> <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr> <Filename>FSXXCategories.xml</Filename> - <SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory id="{988E6EF6-F2FC-4535-BD25-D877C42473F4}"> <Descr>Fly fast and smooth.</Descr> <Title>Racing</Title> <PreviewImage>banner_racing.bmp</PreviewImage> </SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory> - <SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory id="{962D0958-6B90-4e43-865C-923A2DF68FC8}"> <Descr>Warbirds and warplanes.</Descr> <Title>Military</Title> <PreviewImage>banner_military.bmp</PreviewImage> </SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory> - <SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory id="{2906B8AD-27A8-48be-89A2-E76975893080}"> <Descr>Test your skills and your aircraft.</Descr> <Title>Test Pilot</Title> <PreviewImage>banner_testpilot.bmp</PreviewImage> </SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory> - <SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory id="{48EFFBC1-201C-407c-B1D7-55FDB209B377}"> <Descr>Keep the peace and catch the bad guys.</Descr> <Title>Law Enforcement</Title> <PreviewImage>banner_lawenforcement.bmp</PreviewImage> </SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory> - <SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory id="{F9E1F5DD-7AA8-4c0e-A9B5-DF4478B7E99A}"> <Descr>One stop shopping for all Flight Simulator X Acceleration missions.</Descr> <Title>Acceleration</Title> <PreviewImage>banner_allcategories.bmp</PreviewImage> </SimMissionUI.ScenarioCategory> </SimBase.Document>

Hmm, I overwrite it with Your file, and still is the same problem. ( Error with end of installation ).

When I start the game, it appears another error :

http://img511.images...6/beztytuuw.jpg

It's very odd thing, but now, besides this errors, the career is working.

I really appreciate Your time with helping me ThoRe.

Thank You

Ok, I think we nw got a problem. Did you reinstall the addon without uninstalling it before? On second thought, that might not be possible at all.

Anyway, you've now got duplicate fltsim additions in your CFG files. Sorry to say that, but now you need to do some manual editing. Read this thread what to search for: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26895

You can do 1 change at a time and see if the error goes away, but of course you'll get an error for the next aircraft then. But better do it this way, then you know if the aircraft you just edited is ok now.

Up to 5 aircraft to be fixed: ASB, ASC (careful, the additional ASA must be there!!), ASD, ASR and AST, maybe also the Trike.

Oh, I think, this text is hard for me to manually do it.

Are You sure, that besides I do nothing with this, the mission always crash?

In this text is wrote, that if I want to change aircraft ( robinson to bell etc. ), but when I am satisfy with default aircraft, should I do it too?

Because I don't know what to change exactly.

I have got addon Aerosoft Twin Otter 100/300.

Please reply

At least try to assist me helping you. Search for the aircraft.cfg files of the following aircraft, put them into a zip folder and attach it here: (you should also find the texture folders named below)

Aerosoft Twin Otter 100 Wheels - (AST)

AirCreation_582SL - (no custom texture folder)

Beech_King_Air_350 - (AST)

C208B - (ASC)

DH_Dash8_100 - (ASD)

Maule_M7_260C - (ASB)

I will fix the files for you. You need those files for a working mission, no matter what aircraft you want to use.

We had very few reports of failing aircraft installations, but it can happen - don't know why.

http://rapidshare.com/files/331092209/IMPORTANT.rar.html

I have to upload it on rapidshare, because message told me, that I haven't got permission to upload and attach files.

It's in RAR, inside it, You have got "this" aircrafts CFG, and in notepad -> texture names, which are inside aircraft folders.

I found out, that in Beech King Air, there isn't texture.AST

Ok, thanks for your cooperation. Only one little thing was wrong, a duplicate entry in the Dash's aircraft.cfg. Everything else seems to be just fine.

I hope the attached file gives you a working mission. :)

I am very glad, that You help me, I appreciate it.

But I have one more question, but not about AAA.

I bought some time ago Yours Manhattan X ( download version ), but when I fly maybe 5min on this area, I have a common probably error such as something with leak memory?

My configuration:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3.0GHz;

Asus Radeon 4850 1GB

4 GB Patriot RAM memory

I read, that maybe patch solve the problem, but when I click downloads "button" (next to calendar on this forum above ), I can;t find any manhattan X patches, so could You post me direct link maybe to it?

Please reply