Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

buildings under Windows 7

nonorav4

Hello,

I have a new computer, laptop with windows 7. In all my mega airports scenaries(CDG, Frankfurt, Heathrow and Madrid). the airports buildings appear in the color grey. it is also the same problem for the direction signs along the taxiways and and the hubs. you can also observ on the attached file that the buildings shadows also appear in grey.

Has somebody already experience the same problem ?

My configuration is :

Intel i7 720QM (1,6 Ghz, 1333 Mhz FSB)

4 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTS250M

640 GB HDD

Full HD screen

Thnks for your help.

Best regards,

Nonorav4

Hello,

I have a new computer, laptop with windows 7. In all my mega airports scenaries(CDG, Frankfurt, Heathrow and Madrid). the airports buildings appear in the color grey. it is also the same problem for the direction signs along the taxiways and and the hubs. you can also observ on the attached file that the buildings shadows also appear in grey.

Has somebody already experience the same problem ?

My configuration is :

Intel i7 720QM (1,6 Ghz, 1333 Mhz FSB)

4 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTS250M

640 GB HDD

Full HD screen

Thnks for your help.

Best regards,

Nonorav4

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know how I can do it ? to turn DX10 prview off.

Sincerely.

Nonorav4

go into your FSX display settings. You'll find the checkbox 'DX10 Preview' somewhere. Turn that off, and click ok. You'll have to restart FSX in order for the changes to have effect.

Hello Nonorav4,

It's all very simple,

When you start FSX, click on settings on the left side of the window, now you should see all these different setting slides and pictures beside them. Underneath them, there should be buttons. Click on the one that says "Customize...". Once the new window opens, there should be a slider on the top right half of the window that says "Global Texture Resolution: ", directly under it should say "Preview Direct X 10 ", make sure that is unchecked.

And that is how you disable DX10!

Cheers,

Alexander