Download Speeds

Lindsay

Hi Aerosoft,

I have noticed since your website went down and then back up again recently, the download speeds when downloading sceneries have signifcantly reduced? I'm on broadband and now only downloading at speeds of 84KB?! I used to be able to download at over >300KB +. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a signifcant drop?

I'm just not sure if this is coincidence or not?

Thanks for listening.

Lindsay

• Aerosoft

Hi Aerosoft,

I have noticed since your website went down and then back up again recently, the download speeds when downloading sceneries have signifcantly reduced? I'm on broadband and now only downloading at speeds of 84KB?! I used to be able to download at over >300KB +. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a signifcant drop?

I'm just not sure if this is coincidence or not?

Thanks for listening.

Lindsay

There is no change to our connection to the nets (I am downloading right now at 1MB myself, maxed out my connection.

Where are you located, what's your ISP? We could see where the connection gets slower.

There is no change to our connection to the nets (I am downloading right now at 1MB myself, maxed out my connection.

Where are you located, what's your ISP? We could see where the connection gets slower.

Hi Mathijs,

I live in New Zealand. I'm not sure what ISP means or how i can find this information to give to you.

Thanks

Lindsay

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

I live in New Zealand. I'm not sure what ISP means or how i can find this information to give to you.

Thanks

Lindsay

No need for that. We know of that issue. Same with Australia.

Now when you connect to the a server on the internet you can't choose what path is taken. The internet more or less decides that itself. But it seems all connections toward Australia and NZ are routed over a point in south east Asia that's just not very good. I think you will find almost all download servers in Western Europe slow, while those in the USA should be much faster. we have discussed this with the ISP we use but it's not under their control. I do know some ISP's in Australia have solved the issue by connecting over different paths.

We are considering opening up a mirror in the US at this moment.