Problem with MyTraffic 2010

Raptor X

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I posted this topic in the wrong section, but I couldn't find the "Customer Support" section of the forum. I have recently exchanged my MyTraffic X CD for a MyTraffic 2010 via Aerosoft's upgrade service (and it cost me around 36€ counting the package and the registered mails!). First, I would like to warn you that on the contrary to what's written on the box, MyTraffic 2010 is NOT compatible with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bits, I tried with both). When you use it with Windows 7, the software displays the planes correctly, but crashes FSX after 15 minutes at most. I have tried not to install my other extensions to be sure that the problem comes from MyTraffic 2010, and I have proof that it does!

So I had to install back Windows Vista on another hard disk and in dual boot, in order to play FSX with MyTraffic 2010. Though, after the installation under Vista, MyTraffic 2010 refuses to display any aircraft (the airports are ok, I think) that is not provided in FSX without MyTraffic (I can only see Beechcrafts and other airplanes provided with FSX alone, but no airlines' planes). I have never had this problem with MyTraffic X, so I'd be happy to have a solution.

PS: I tried to rebuild MyTraffic 2010's database with the provided utility to do so, but it didn't change anything.

Can anybody help me out?

Thank you.

It is compatible with Win7. I am running Win7 + MyTraffic 2010, both perfect.

The _fatal error_ after 15 minutes on the other hand, is caused by UIAutomationCore.dll. There is a simple fix for this. Your Vista install just for FSX was a complete waste. Congratulations.

I am reluctant to give it to you, considering your ignorance regarding it 'not working'.

http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip

Put it in your FSX folder.

Hello Raptor X,

Always best to do some homework before saying something is definitely this that or the other.

Some person went through this just lately accusing Windows 7 of having a Black Screen of Death after a buggy update and then the system required a complete re-install of the OS to get it going again..

How wrong that person was when Microsoft did some research and found out it was Malware that had actually caused it. A big apology was therefore due.

Hello Raptor X,

Always best to do some homework before saying something is definitely this that or the other.

Some person went through this just lately accusing Windows 7 of having a Black Screen of Death after a buggy update and then the system required a complete re-install of the OS to get it going again..

How wrong that person was when Microsoft did some research and found out it was Malware that had actually caused it. A big apology was therefore due.

Indeed, it seems the file you've recommended me to install did solve the problem. So until now, I do owe you an apology, sorry.

Though, since I've installed MyTraffic 2010 on Windows 7, my game is very slow, while on Windows Vista, it is not, with the same configuration and extensions.

Could you explain that?

Thanks

Hello Raptor X,

That would tell you that there may be something in the OS slowing it down as it worked in Vista faster for some unknown reason.

Maybe Burkhard may see this post and shed some light on this.

Maybe you could set your FSX settings all to default and leave the Traffic as they are and see what happens then.

It may be something other than the traffic causing the slowdown.

Hello Raptor X,

That would tell you that there may be something in the OS slowing it down as it worked in Vista faster for some unknown reason.

Maybe Burkhard may see this post and shed some light on this.

Maybe you could set your FSX settings all to default and leave the Traffic as they are and see what happens then.

It may be something other than the traffic causing the slowdown.

did you update the grafics driver recently? My card ( ATI 5770) when changing from the driveres delivered with the card to actual ones gave a factor of 3 in frame rate under DX10.