Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Career Missions

bty61

Thorsten, I have made the purge and reinstalled Dash8 and AAA. To my surprise, when I did reload, it still said that it already existed and asked if I wanted to replace. I got the Dash 8 into the SimObjects/Airplane folder and all of the sub-folders were present to include the Texture ASD Folder. As AAA reloaded, it recogized the presence of Bushhawk and Two Otter. When the reload was completed and I opened FSX, I got two messages that said there were duplicate titles in Bushhawk, Dash 8 and Two Otter. So as AAA reinstalled it put the same instructions that you had me write into the cfg files for each A/C. And the Texture ASB, etc. files were also installed.

Flipping the User Account Control on and off, I deleted the duplication in each and left the new instruction set. Now when I open FSX and click on AAA, I'm getting two load error messages (a product of the two lines you had me write into the FSX.cfg file. I'm typing the load messages here:

Load Error

Instance ID

{2BFCC743-6D9C-49F5-954E-4F9B612E5DDE}

Descr: Switch_OFF_AST

Unable to resolve object reference to

{01661A3E-D249-40CF-9833-947213BB2DF3}

And the second load error message:

Load Error

Instance ID

{7EB76DF0-F32F-4673-AE00-9C7F6122E5AF}

Descrip: Switch_On_AST

{0166A3E-D249-40CF-9833-947213BB2DF3}

Thorsten, I have made the purge and reinstalled Dash8 and AAA. To my surprise, when I did reload, it still said that it already existed and asked if I wanted to replace. I got the Dash 8 into the SimObjects/Airplane folder and all of the sub-folders were present to include the Texture ASD Folder. As AAA reloaded, it recogized the presence of Bushhawk and Two Otter. When the reload was completed and I opened FSX, I got two messages that said there were duplicate titles in Bushhawk, Dash 8 and Two Otter. So as AAA reinstalled it put the same instructions that you had me write into the cfg files for each A/C. And the Texture ASB, etc. files were also installed.

Flipping the User Account Control on and off, I deleted the duplication in each and left the new instruction set. Now when I open FSX and click on AAA, I'm getting two load error messages (a product of the two lines you had me write into the FSX.cfg file. I'm typing the load messages here:

Load Error

Instance ID

Load Error

Instance ID

In essence, FSX is not continuing after these two message come up.

Does this have a meaning to you, I hope? I believe AST is the Twin Otter. When I originally typed in the instructions you provided, there was already a Fltsim.2. So we renumbered as Fltsim.4 and put in following Fltsim.2. When the reinstall wrote in the duplicate instruction, it did so at the end and labeled it as Fltsim.5.

Here's what's in TO cfg file now after deleting the duplication: fltsim.0, fltsim.1, fltsim.2, and fltsim.5.

In the free flight section, with the saved flights clicked. All seven days are present plus the two new missions with the update. Clicking on each still presents a pic of the cockpit of the C208. Clicking on AAA, Career produces the two error messages.

I hope this is helpful to identify a next step.

bty61

Yes, please copy the contents of the downloaded dash8 zip (from the other thread) into simobjects/airplanes, then reinstall AAA (I'm pretty sure your need to uninstall before doing that).

Don't forget to chose the Twotter and Hawk to be used when the installers asks you.

Afterwards check all cfg files if the entries and texture folders are where they should be.

Load Error

Instance ID

Load Error

Instance ID

In essence, FSX is not continuing after these two messages come up.

Does this have a meaning to you, I hope? I believe AST is the Twin Otter. When I originally typed in the instructions you provided, there was already a Fltsim.2. So we renumbered as Fltsim.4 and put in following Fltsim.2. When the reinstall wrote in the duplicate instruction, it did so at the end and labeled it as Fltsim.5.

Here's what's in TO cfg file now after deleting the duplication: fltsim.0, fltsim.1, fltsim.2, and fltsim.5.

In the free flight section, with the saved flights clicked. All seven days are present plus the two new missions with the update. Clicking on each still presents a pic of the cockpit of the C208. Clicking on AAA, Career produces the two error messages.

I hope this is helpful to identify a next step.

bty61

As I said before: Make sure you use correct numbers without leaving one out, FSX can't handle that. fltsim.5 will be ignored by FSX!

I guess all you have to do is rename it to fltsim.3 and everythign works just perfectly fine. ;)

If not copy the content of the complete CFG here.

As I said before: Make sure you use correct numbers without leaving one out, FSX can't handle that. fltsim.5 will be ignored by FSX!

I guess all you have to do is rename it to fltsim.3 and everythign works just perfectly fine. wink.gif

If not copy the content of the complete CFG here.

Made the edit in the TO cfg file, changing .5 to .3. Then opened FSX and clicked on AAA. All went well, no error load messages and clicking on the basic AAA Career, it took me on the intro video and then to the Air Base. Charley 1 and I took the orientation flight. Just after touching down and while taxiing on the runway, I got the message about a job when I was ready and call her. So all a/c are present w/appropriate texture files and the mission is working. Good progress since things got disoriented after flying that mission the first time. But this time I know I have a/c installed. I greatly appreciate your assistance in getting me back to this point.

Key problem now is that I can't access the menu by releasing the Parking Brake to communicate for jobs. While flying the Bushhawk missions, such as the mission to Blue Mt., I've noted that I get the menu originally when opening a flight to place passengers or cargo, and can click on exit. But I can't raise the menu on that series either. I think they are both intended to operate similarly.

Can you guide me on getting the communication menu to fly career jobs, do maintenance, etc.?

bty61

Glad to see that we finally found our way back to a working setup. :)

Now it all depends on the parking brake. If you can't get the menu to pop up something's wrong with maybe your key commands? Normally the parking brake is toggled by ctrl+. but you should be able to tell by the red parking brake message. Whenever you set the parking brake the menu pops up.

Glad to see that we finally found our way back to a working setup. smile.gif

Now it all depends on the parking brake. If you can't get the menu to pop up something's wrong with maybe your key commands? Normally the parking brake is toggled by ctrl+. but you should be able to tell by the red parking brake message. Whenever you set the parking brake the menu pops up.

The parking brake on my pc has always been triggered by the period (.) key. It is also triggered by the Trigger on my joystick. Either produce the red parking brake message, but doesn't pop up the menu. I'll try and see what Ctrl+ produces. I've never tried that. Maybe it'll produce the menu. I'll report back after I get home tonight and try it out.

bty61

Don't confuse the normal brakes (.) with the parking brake, which is permanently, thus toggled. It's like the difference of a button and a switch. Brakes (. key or joystick button) will not trigger the menu, only the parking brake will. ;)

Don't confuse the normal brakes (.) with the parking brake, which is permanently, thus toggled. It's like the difference of a button and a switch. Brakes (. key or joystick button) will not trigger the menu, only the parking brake will. wink.gif

The menu has appeared. I tried Cntrl + and that didn't do anything so I tried Control (.) and it popped up. I do still have a couple of questions which I haven't seen answered in the Manual: (1) When you click "saved flights," it shows seven days of your career and two additional flights. How do these flights relate to the career jobs? Do they represent the pool of possible jobs that one might select? and (2), clicking on the saved flights shows only the C208 cockpit. I saw in the menu identifying the location of each type a/c. If you accept a job, do you either have to fly to that location to change a/c or does it take you there to begin the task?

At any rate, Thorsten, I appreciate all the effort you had to put in to guide me through this process. And I'm amazed at learning that the missing menu issue was as simple as makeing the instruction Cntrl (.) vice just (.)

Thanks again for your assistance. I'll check in to see your answers.

bty61

Well, good to know that it works now. Next time, please take your time to take a closer look, at manual and instructions. For example there's an obvious difference between a brake and a parking brake, then I pointed out the key command with "ctrl+." which i sthe usual way of describing that you need to press CTRL together with the key labeled "." ;)

The manual maybe a bit short when it comes to the savegames, but I think it will be obvious once you load one of them: it's just like the start of the next day. You know, you get home (with whatever aircraft) after a long day, the guys do some mainteanance and put the aircraft back where they belong and you go to bed. Naturally the next day you start again at HQ, finding your personal C208 5Y-ASC where it's supposed to be. So yes, your career progress is just where you left it, only the aircraft got rearranged to where they originally were.

No, the job pool is always the same, it's just the chance to fast-foreward to the next morning.

Well, good to know that it works now. Next time, please take your time to take a closer look, at manual and instructions. For example there's an obvious difference between a brake and a parking brake, then I pointed out the key command with "ctrl+." which i sthe usual way of describing that you need to press CTRL together with the key labeled "." wink.gif

The manual maybe a bit short when it comes to the savegames, but I think it will be obvious once you load one of them: it's just like the start of the next day. You know, you get home (with whatever aircraft) after a long day, the guys do some mainteanance and put the aircraft back where they belong and you go to bed. Naturally the next day you start again at HQ, finding your personal C208 5Y-ASC where it's supposed to be. So yes, your career progress is just where you left it, only the aircraft got rearranged to where they originally were.

No, the job pool is always the same, it's just the chance to fast-foreward to the next morning.

All appears to be working and I'm gradually getting the feel of the way the software/career operates. Sorry to have been a problem child on this, but I appreciate your patience and persistance.

Danke Shon und Auf Wiedersehen,

bty61