MyTraffic2010 Wont work

brandon b

I have just installed Mytraffic 2010, and i was hoping that i would get the traffic i wanted right after i installed it. BUT there is no traffic at all, anywhere! I had just recently unistaled Traffic X from just flight before and i am wondering if this has anything to do with it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have just installed Mytraffic 2010, and i was hoping that i would get the traffic i wanted right after i installed it. BUT there is no traffic at all, anywhere! I had just recently unistaled Traffic X from just flight before and i am wondering if this has anything to do with it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Most likely yes. Uninstallation of an addon is the worst thing one can do to FSX - you don't know what state it is in after you do so. I wrote a bit about this under http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78170 .

More detailed, in 99% of all cases where there is no FSX Ai traffic visible ( also the stock AI not ) FSX has some old format FS8 schedules installed - as soon as it loads these it cannot load its own format, independant if the aircraft for them are removed or not. So all you have to do is to find the traffic bgl files in the old format and delete them, any you will see much life. If you need help to find them, check http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76589 for a primitive tool.

ok im having a bit of trouble trying to find them. please help

Did you downlaod the tool as you are instructed in that post, unzip the two files to the MyTrafficfolder and double click on traffic_bgls.bat. If not I try to attach the file again here, not sure if that works.

DDepending on the size of your FSX installation, this will need a few minutes, and create a file

Traffic_schedules.txt

Did you get this file?

If you did, just copy and paste it into your reply here, then we can have a look for the culprit.

Traffic_bgls.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any aircraft the first time I installed MY Traffic 2010. Made sure the correct files were where they should be. I decided to re-install My Traffic. I have Vista 64 bit system, so there is pause during installation, because Vista want's to do it's security checks. Well after one of these pause's, MY Traffic 2010 started to install the aircraft, this took about 30 minutes to complete. Have a Intel 6600 Core 2 duo, GeForse 8800 video, 4 gig. memory. It worked this time. I think I did not let the program finish installing the first time, because I thought it was finished during the long pause.

I didn't have any aircraft the first time I installed MY Traffic 2010. Made sure the correct files were where they should be. I decided to re-install My Traffic. I have Vista 64 bit system, so there is pause during installation, because Vista want's to do it's security checks. Well after one of these pause's, MY Traffic 2010 started to install the aircraft, this took about 30 minutes to complete. Have a Intel 6600 Core 2 duo, GeForse 8800 video, 4 gig. memory. It worked this time. I think I did not let the program finish installing the first time, because I thought it was finished during the long pause.

Vista itself does not make such checks, but maybe you have another software in your system that could apply as Dementor in Askaban...