Serious Help needed....PLEASEEE

Chris16

Hi. I am so new to this flight sim stuff, I do need help. I have managed to config the doors of the aircraft etc, and that all looks fine. I need help with various other things. I posted on another thread and they suggested I bullet point things I need help with, so here I go.

- How do I open cargo doors. I can open exit with SHIFT+E, but not sure about others

- How do I operate the jetway at airports

- When opening the window (SHIFT+CTL+W), The F keys are for flaps etc. How do I get around that?

Hope someone can help :)

- Cargo doors open in different ways depending on the aircraft in use. If payware, refer to the owners manual for the correct button sequence (some use the hard to replicate SHIFT+E+2). Posky (freeware) will use fs options such as tail hook down, or wing fold/unfold keyes.

- Once you are parked, shut your engines down, and apply the parking brake, and AES will take care of the rest.

- The F keys do not affect the flaps when in AES mode, I never had that issue. Are you sure you have problems with it? If so, then worry not as Oliver will guide you.

Good luck.

The easiest thing I could suggest is replace the complicated SHIFT+E+2 with the "D" key (doors).

I've been using this for years. D will open the main doors. D+2 will open the other doors.

W usually will open the cargo and T will open the rear entrance doors.

There is also a command line I add in all my cfg files but I'm at work and will post that tonight when I'm home.

As for the F key? Flaps are usually commanded by the F5-F8 keys. So I don't what's happening there. Check your assignments to make sure thy're right.

I have found that when the AES window is open, it appears to have priority over the F keys, so the aircraft's operation is not affected. And I have all the default key assignments, and have never had a problem.

Rob

• Verified Developer

I have found that when the AES window is open, it appears to have priority over the F keys, so the aircraft's operation is not affected. And I have all the default key assignments, and have never had a problem.

Rob

Thats correct: As long as the AES window is hidden/closed, F-Key are working as defined in FS. So, keep the window closed if not needed.

The window can be closed with F10 or the Key-Combi, you have defined for AES (per default Shift-Ctrl-W)

I'm sorry to be a real pain in the backside here, but it still doesn't seem to work.

The only F key that works is F1 (de-boarding). None of the other F keys work. I can't even ask for pushback after asking for Clearance and Taxi.

The airport is London Heathrow and am working in FSX. Is it the aircraft I am working with? I have done things that has been mentioned and it doesn't work :(

The jetway doesn't work at Heathrow but does at Frankfurt.

Is there anywhere I can get a fresh download cos I do remember it kept losing connection before. However,will I lose the credits? I don't think I do cos I had it for FS2004, but not sure.

Can anyone help cos I would love to get it working, cos it looks a great addition to the FS.

Thanks

Chris