F-16 Bouncing on the ground?

Python

Hello guys, iv been lurking around in the back ground here for a while but iv been forced into begging for help as i have a problem with my Aerosoft F-16... which is incredible by the way!!!! However, mine bounces when it is on the ground and it is becoming rather annoying. Speed makes no difference, i can be static with parking brakes on or rolling with full power and the bounce occurs every few seconds. It is hard to explain but it's a violant jault with a squeaking sound effect almost as if it were just touching down upon landing? it appears to be triggured by changing the view? i.e, if i stay in the cockpit view there is no bounce, if i switch tho the exterior the bounce starts and then continue's no matter what view i change too? i have done alot of searching but have been unable to find a solution, the only info iv found is a suggestion that it may be something to do with the contact point of the wheels or the static pitch value in the aircraft.cfg being set incorrectly, Im not the most technical person however so i have no idea how to change these or what to change them to if so however so i would greatly appreciate any help? It is worth noting i havn't yet got the 1.20 update.

Thank you in advance and best regards, Matt.

You know that happens to me as well from time to time. Not really sure what causes it, but I always summed it up to add on scenery as being the problem. I use REX2, GEX and UTX. Sometimes it happens, other times it is fine. It's the same effect as being on an aircraft carrier and bouncing around...maybe it's an earth quake, lol just kidding on that one.

Hi, thanks for the reply, perhaps someone can help us both. I have absolutely no addon scenery yet so it isn't that although im on the market for one, i simply can't choose which one yet as there are so many??? i am also buying REX this second despite having FSX for many months :blush: Now that you mention it, carriers are very bumpy for me also but as far as my original complaint go's, it seems to be the aerosoft F-16 only.

Hello Folks,

Does this only happen at certain airports, could you try a few default airports miles form anywhere and see what happens.

Hi Shaun, i have done some playing around and found something interesting just now. First of all the bounce occurs at every airfield iv ever tried. However, i have just lowered the mesh resolution and mesh complexity in the settings to about half way and it appears that the bounce has completely stopped? do you know why this would be? obviously id like to turn the settings back up to full and cure the bounce if possible. il have a play now and see how high i can set them before the bounce returns.

EDIT: ok, iv played around a bit and found the following. First of all, the mesh complexity isn't causing the problem, iv set it back to 100% and there's no bounce. The mesh resolution however seems to be causing the bounce. I have found that if i set it to 10m there is no bounce, anything above that however (5m or 2m) and the bounce returns. Im happy to leave the resolution at 10m for now although id obviously like to fix the issue if possible, i am wanting to improve my fsx scenery soon so assumably a higher resolution addon will cause the bounce also?

Deltaleader, perhaps you could play with your mesh resolution and see if it cures the bounce for you also?

Thank you both for your time.

It would appear it also effects an F-14 model i have. But they are the only two aircraft that bounce for me, the rest are fine. Very strange. Thank you for your help anyway. If anyone does know of a fix, please let me know.

Best regards.