Model won't load after adding new paint

cmpbllsjc

Hey guys. I downloaded a repaint the other day and went to install it today. After installing it according to the instructions, when I start FSX and select the thumb of the new paint, I get a box pop up that says "Failed to start up the flight model. Lockheed Martin F-16C 111FS." The readme that came with the textures says this:

Installation:

Navigate to the Flight Simulator X > Sim Objects > Airplanes > Aerosoft F-16C Clean folder and open it. Copy the folder texture.Thunderbird and paste it back. Rename the folder Texture.111FS.

Open the zip and extract the textures enclosed to texture.111FS and overwrite when prompted.

Copy and paste the below in the Aerosoft F-16C Clean aircraft.cfg. Change the ** to the next appropriate number

[FLTSIM.**]

title=Lockheed Martin F-16C 111th FS

sim=F-16 F110 CAT-I

model=USA-2

panel=

sound=

texture=111FS

kb_checklists=F-16_check

kb_reference=F-16_ref

visual_damage=1

ui_manufacturer="Lockheed Martin"

ui_type="F-16C"

ui_variation="111th Fighter Squadron, "Ace In The Hole", 147th Fighter Wing, Texas Air National Guard

ui_typerole="Single Engine Fighter Jet"

ui_createdby="Aerosoft GmbH"

description="F-16C Falcon is the Air Force's primary airspace intercepter, and multi-role strike fighter."

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=0

atc_airline=USAF

atc_flight_number=84-1393

atc_parking_types=Texas Air National Guard Aircraft

I did everything exactly like it said, even tried it twice, but I still get the error when I try to load it in FSX.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Hey guys. I downloaded a repaint the other day and went to install it today. After installing it according to the instructions, when I start FSX and select the thumb of the new paint, I get a box pop up that says "Failed to start up the flight model. Lockheed Martin F-16C 111FS." The readme that came with the textures says this:

Installation:

Navigate to the Flight Simulator X > Sim Objects > Airplanes > Aerosoft F-16C Clean folder and open it. Copy the folder texture.Thunderbird and paste it back. Rename the folder Texture.111FS.

Open the zip and extract the textures enclosed to texture.111FS and overwrite when prompted.

Copy and paste the below in the Aerosoft F-16C Clean aircraft.cfg. Change the ** to the next appropriate number

[FLTSIM.**]

sim=F-16 F110 CAT-I

model=USA-2

panel=

sound=

texture=111FS

kb_checklists=F-16_check

kb_reference=F-16_ref

visual_damage=1

ui_type="F-16C"

ui_variation="111th Fighter Squadron, "Ace In The Hole", 147th Fighter Wing, Texas Air National Guard

description="F-16C Falcon is the Air Force's primary airspace intercepter, and multi-role strike fighter."

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=0

atc_airline=USAF

I did everything exactly like it said, even tried it twice, but I still get the error when I try to load it in FSX.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

So right now in your F-16C Clean folder you should have two texture folders: texture.thunderbird and texture.111fs and texture.111fs had all the same textures as texture.thunderbird. Then from the texture file that you downloaded you copied all those new textures into the texture.111fs folder. The last thing is that if you only have two texture folders in the F-16 clean folder then did you rename your 111fs "FLTSIM" to 1, see below.

[FLTSIM.1]

sim=F-16 F110 CAT-I

model=USA-2

panel=

sound=

texture=111FS

kb_checklists=F-16_check

kb_reference=F-16_ref

visual_damage=1

ui_type="F-16C"

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=0

atc_airline=USAF

Hopefully the above helps.

Regards,

Rod

Rod,

No, the Clean folder had the following texture files by default.

Texture

Texture.AM_PIT

Texture.C_PIT

Texture.Thunderbird

What I did accoring to the authors instructions was copy and repaste the texture.thunderbird folder, rename the copied folder to texture.111FS, then drop the authors texture.111FS into the Clean folder and let the new files overwrite the old ones. Then add the verbage to the aircraft.cfg as posted above and name it fltsim.1 since I dont have any other textures in the that folder activated.

Now I have the following texture folders.

texture

texture.AM_PIT

texture.C_pit

texture.thunderbird

texture.111FS

When I load FSX the new repaint thumb shows up but when I select it I get the message about the model not wanting to load. I am surprised because adding a new paint isn't usually a big deal.

Have you updated your F-16 to the latest version (1.20)? If you did, the first entry of the aircraft.cfg in the Aerosoft F-16C Clean folder should be the Thunderbirds F-16 with on the third line sim=F-16 F110 CAT-I. In that case the paint you downloaded should work.

If you did not install the update that line looks like this: sim=F-16 CAT-I (so without the F110 in betweeen). That F110 addition was part of the last update. So there are tow things you can do: install the update or remove the F110 from the sim=F-16 F110 CAT-I line from the 111FS repaint entry. I hope this works for you.

What a fantastically clever move it was to rename the air-files... :blush: NOT !

I hope Vin's suggestion works, I'd put my money on that suggestion as well

Ah, that was it Vin. I didn't catch the 110.

Yeah, to be honest I am still on version 1.11. I never did the 1.20 update since it looked like it wasn't very straight forward. Now it's been so long since that update that I will have to go through and read all the posts about things that I am supposed to edit after the update since some things in the update didn't work correctly, as I understood it anyway.

I am always hesitant to run updates when I have something that seems to be working well. I have had bad experiences with other FSX products after installing updates to them, so now I am really cautious.

Perhaps, down the road I will comb the 1.20 update posts and read up on it before I do it.

In the mean time Vin, thanks for the help in pointing out the 110 in the cfg. I can't believe I didn't see it.

Regards,

Sean

Actually, I just looked at the file name of the last update I ran and it says V110.exe so I actually am not sure if that means I am on version 1.10 or 1.11.

How can I check to see which version I am on. I also noticed the only download available to me in the updates section is the 1.20 update.

I wonder if I should just uninstall and start over from the base pack, although I don't know if all the updates are cumulative or not since there is no option for me to download anything but the 1.20 update.