AES config.

wingnut

I have the AES config shortcut on my desktop,path is fromC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAerosoftAES,Aes config does not connect,when you start the flight at the supported airports,I currently have 3,it will never connect.The baggage loaders,and stairs show up,and also the ground person,this is at ATL airport,at the other 2 airports,nothing shows up.Any suggestions on how to fix this,and get connected would be appreciated.This has been going on since I downloaded the latest version(2.03).Also later on I tried it again at the atlanta airport(ATL),and this time the aircraft tug showed up,making diesel noise and everything,this is the first time this has happened,even when config was connected,it never showed up before,still have the red box which says not connected.I've checked again,and I have the administrative function selected.

Mark

• Verified Developer

Which OS you use? If vista, did you have active UAC?

Did you try to start the config with the Button in AESHelp?

It's important, that the Modus of the FS and AESConfig is the same: If you start the FS in "Admin compatibility Mode" you need to start also AESConfig in this modus.

I'am using Vista,32 bit,what is an active UAC,yes I tried to start config from the AES help,but it says I'm starting it from wrong location,it says to start from;fromC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAerosoftAES,I had both in the admin. mode,this it what is confussing,I finally had everything working,and now nothing?

Mark

• Verified Developer

When AEShelp see, that it is installed below c:\Programm Files.. it selfs starts in Adminmode, but it expect that the FS is started in normal modes, so you get the warning to start AESConfig manually.

But when you have configured the FS to run in Adminmode, you must also manually configure AESConfig to the same mode.

Tools runing in different modes can't communicate under Vista.

I finally got AES config to connect to FSX,had to take AES help,and AES config out of the admin. mode,and now everything is working,I really appreciate your support.

mark