PBY Catalina Control Settings

so666

Hi All.

I have been getting to grips with the catalina,i have the CH yoke/peddles/quad throttle set up.

I have tried a few settings,but still the cat seems to twichy for a bird of this size for the ailrons/rudder/elevators,as anyone found the correct settings in FSX for these controllers,regarding sense and null points.

regards alan.

I use CH pedals, Throttle quadrant and fighterstick. Nulzone is set fully left and sense fully right for all inputs.

Are You sure that Your controllers are properly calibrated ?

This is done via the CH control manager.

Finn

I use CH pedals, Throttle quadrant and fighterstick. Nulzone is set fully left and sense fully right for all inputs.

Finn

Finn

Hi Finn.

Last time i checked the ch setup was ok,and i used this setup i had for fs9,with no problems,but these setups seem to make the aircraft in FSX to twichy,i will try the settings you have for FSX,and see what its like.

Thanks for reply.

regards alan.

Hi Finn.

Last time i checked the ch setup was ok,and i used this setup i had for fs9,with no problems,but these setups seem to make the aircraft in FSX to twichy,i will try the settings you have for FSX,and see what its like.

Thanks for reply.

regards alan.

Hi Finn.

I tried the settings you recomended,but it still seems twichy,so i opened the ch control calibrate prog,i noticed that the null is set to 0 and sensitivity to 100 for both the x/y axis in the yoke,what are yours set to,before i try setting it by trial/error.

regards alan

Hi Finn.

I tried the settings you recomended,but it still seems twichy,so i opened the ch control calibrate prog,i noticed that the null is set to 0 and sensitivity to 100 for both the x/y axis in the yoke,what are yours set to,before i try setting it by trial/error.

regards alan

All my settings are with a nullzone of 0 and sensitivity of 100.

But did You go through the calibration routine, where You are asked to move the controls back and forth, side to side ?

It accessed in CH control manager by clcicking the middel icon on the top icon list (the one with the "gunsight" symbol).

Finn

All my settings are with a nullzone of 0 and sensitivity of 100.

But did You go through the calibration routine, where You are asked to move the controls back and forth, side to side ?

It accessed in CH control manager by clcicking the middel icon on the top icon list (the one with the "gunsight" symbol).

Finn

Hi Finn.

I did not recalibrate,because it moved to all the right places on the graph,in response to the yoke,so i know it is ok.

I kept the same settings i had in fs9,as i knew they worked by giveing a realistic response to controls,but it made the FSX aircraft to twichy,and in my opinion not realistic for me.

looks like i will have to play around,until i get what i think feels right.

regards alan.

Hi Finn.

I did not recalibrate,because it moved to all the right places on the graph,in response to the yoke,so i know it is ok.

I kept the same settings i had in fs9,as i knew they worked by giveing a realistic response to controls,but it made the FSX aircraft to twichy,and in my opinion not realistic for me.

looks like i will have to play around,until i get what i think feels right.

regards alan.

That sounds weird...

How about Your aircraft realism settings ?

The sliders there should all be to the right - full.

At the same time ensure that auto rudder and auto mixture is unchecked.

Finn

That sounds weird...

How about Your aircraft realism settings ?

The sliders there should all be to the right - full.

At the same time ensure that auto rudder and auto mixture is unchecked.

Finn

Hi Finn.

My realism settings are all to the full right except for P_factor,which is allmost full right,which is how it is supposed to be according to info i found on a forum website.

Auto rudder/mixture are unchecked,i have all my sliders set to the most real settings.

I have been playing with the null point,and with the default dak,i have found about 20% seems to give a bit of a force feedback,because you are pulling on the ch yoke springs,and it appears to have helped in the cat control,but i still dont think its right for the cat,but it does feel better in my opinion,as you have a bit of a fight on your hands,and if flying manually,which is how i prefere to fly the cat,you are pyshically tired at the end of a flight.

I have been doing circuits and bumps at grantly adams,with real weather,and boy did i have a fight on my hands bringing her in,i think the wind was blowing a bit of a gail,and the aircraft was now a bit sluggish on the controls,which you would expect on a big old aircraft.

Just try the null points for the elevator/ailerons at 20% and see what you think.

regards alan.