Beaver X Or Beaver X Missionpack Error When Starting Fsx

Tobus

Hi,

I bought and installed both the Beaver X and the missionpack. When starting FSX, I get the following messagewindow:

=====

SCENERY.CFG file error

Local scenery directory (Aerosoft/Beaver Missions/Scenery) in scenery Area.209 not found. Click OK to continue

=====

I can continue and can't see anything wrong with the Beaver. Is this a familiar error message, and if so, what are the consequences and how do I fix it?

Hello Tobus,

It means the entry is pointing to the wrong location in its path as it cant find the scenery because the senery was either removed or deleted.

If it was moved use the Edit button to correct the path. If the scenery was deleted then delete the entry in the scenery library.

Hello Tobus,

It means the entry is pointing to the wrong location in its path as it cant find the scenery because the senery was either removed or deleted.

If it was moved use the Edit button to correct the path. If the scenery was deleted then delete the entry in the scenery library.

Ok, got it. I edited the scenery entry "Beaver X Mission Pack" to point to the right directory (Aerosoft/Beaver DHC-2). This didn't have a directory to begin with when I clicked "edit", so I assumed this is the culprit.

All seems fine now.

Since I got this error immediately after install, does this suggest an error/bug is involved in the Beaver X mission pack installer?

Hello Tobus,

The scenery for the missions on my setup is in the following path.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Beaver Missions

If the one you had was pointing elsewhere then you need to show it this path, unless you have one thats already pointing there so you can delete the rogue entry.

Should be fixed if you still see the scenery and dont get the error message on startup.

• 3 months later...

I hate to bring up something old, and for most of yall here simple, but could you give a compleat step by step on this? My computer skills are very limited to put it simply (ok,, honestly I just turn the thing on and click on the icons and let everything take care of itself).

(edit) Thought I might as well give the exact message I get.

"SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (aerosoftbeaver missionsSCENERY) in scenery Area 133 not found. Click OK to continue"

I hate to bring up something old, and for most of yall here simple, but could you give a compleat step by step on this? My computer skills are very limited to put it simply (ok,, honestly I just turn the thing on and click on the icons and let everything take care of itself).

(edit) Thought I might as well give the exact message I get.

"SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (aerosoftbeaver missionsSCENERY) in scenery Area 133 not found. Click OK to continue"

I'm replying from work, so step by step is kinda hard, but:

in FSX, go to settings --> sceneries.

Find the beaver scenery entry and click edit.

Now find the correct directory. Default is probably empty (which is why the error comes up). The dir to select is dependent on where you installed your aerosoft BeaverX and missions.

Mine is g:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Aerosoft/BeaverX (or something like that).

When all goes well, the error is gone after restarting FSX. If not, try again.

If you have anymore trouble, let me know in this thread.

Thanks Tobus, I think that got it.

Good to here that. Shame that it isn't fixed in an update of some sorts, since this seems to happen only if you didn't install FSX+Aerosoft Beaver X in the default dir's. Any other dir gives the error (since the default doesn't exist), but I guess a minor bug with viable workaround like this isn't high on the Aerosoft things-to-do-list.

• 2 years later...

QUOTE (Shaun Fletcher @ May 22 2009, 20:27 )

Hello Tobus,

Ok, got it. I edited the scenery entry "Beaver X Mission Pack" to point to the right directory (Aerosoft/Beaver DHC-2). This didn't have a directory to begin with when I clicked "edit", so I assumed this is the culprit.

All seems fine now.

Since I got this error immediately after install, does this suggest an error/bug is involved in the Beaver X mission pack installer?

Thank you for posting this, this solved my issue.

Thank you sir.