Weatherradar For Pmdg 737-800

Weirdculture

Hi all,

i'm searching the whole evening for a good weatherradar which could be used with the PMDG737NG. That one which fulfill my needs seems to be the Wx500 from RealityXP. I've found servals instructions for integrating this weatherradar into the (Virtual)Cockipit, but I also found servals topics and posts whith users complains about the non functional intergration in the PMDG. There seems there was some versions conflicts. The biggest problem of that kind of infomation, that this are infomation from posts in serval forums from the years 2005-2007... so the information is (very)old.

Are there any Pay- or Free-ware weatherradars which can be integrated into the VC of the PMDG?

Has anybody some expirience with that?

Some product recommendation maybe?

Cheers

Josef

Hello Weirdculture, this may not be the best forum for the question you ask, but I can try to steer you in the right direction maybe. As far as freeware weather radars go, it's probably going to be hard to find. I'm not sure if it would be beneficial for you, but if you have a freeware "online browser while in flight" program for FS2004 (I don't know for sure, but I think you may be able to download some from places like www.AVSIM.com , www.Simviation.com , and www.FlightSim.com ), and you run real-world weather, you can get radar and weather reports at NOAA http://www.noaa.gov/ . I did a lot of searching about 4-6 years ago for freeware weather radars and didn't find any at that time.

Did you try asking on the PMDG board, or have you just done searches? I'm not an airliner sim pilot, in fact, I probably have less than 20 minutes logged in "heavy" ones, so I cannot help you out other than what I mentioned, but reply anyway, and it might jog my memory for places you may find help.

Scott