F-16 Mfds Are Off

thanassis

Hello,

How are the MFDs (left and right) turned on? I went through the manual (http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/f16/Manual_F16_Engl.pdf) but could not find any reference.

my configuration is:

Windows XP Professional SP2

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Gold Edition)

Hellenic Air Force (HAF) F-16 model

Any help is appreciated!

Regards

Thanassis

Hello,

How are the MFDs (left and right) turned on? I went through the manual (http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/f16/Manual_F16_Engl.pdf) but could not find any reference.

my configuration is:

Windows XP Professional SP2

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Gold Edition)

Hellenic Air Force (HAF) F-16 model

Any help is appreciated!

Regards

Thanassis

There are 2 ways I believe. You can either check out the panel of switches on your right hand side. There are switches there to turn on the MFD's and HUD electronics etc. You can sit there for ages just flicking these switches to see what they do lol. It's great!

OR: You can press "shift" 2 (without the quotes) and 2 F 16's come up on the screen. The left one is for "all off" ramp start. and the right one is for "all avionics on" and ready to fly.

If there's any other way, I don't know sorry.

There are 2 ways I believe. You can either check out the panel of switches on your right hand side. There are switches there to turn on the MFD's and HUD electronics etc. You can sit there for ages just flicking these switches to see what they do lol. It's great!

OR: You can press "shift" 2 (without the quotes) and 2 F 16's come up on the screen. The left one is for "all off" ramp start. and the right one is for "all avionics on" and ready to fly.

If there's any other way, I don't know sorry.

Thanks for replying, isn't the Shift + [integer] combination reserved for popping up the most significant gauges in number order. What I was asking for is "turning-on" the MFDs not zooming on them. I will try it out though because I'm not 100% sure and I'm currently at work.

I hope somebody can make a cross reference on that topic.

Thanks for replying, isn't the Shift + [integer] combination reserved for popping up the most significant gauges in number order. What I was asking for is "turning-on" the MFDs not zooming on them. I will try it out though because I'm not 100% sure and I'm currently at work.

I hope somebody can make a cross reference on that topic.

You may well be right, for most of the planes, but The F 16 probably hasn't got that particular panel, so that key combination is used for bringing up what I mentioned. You can see this in the manual on page 40 of 50 under the heading "Configurator". It says more what I did, but I used my own words lol. I just checked the manual to be sure :) I love the F 16, it's the only plane I fly in FSX. I also have Falcon 4.0 AF, but there are differences in the keys, that's why I just double checked for you.

Personally I prefer to switch everything on myself, it's more realistic :)

You may well be right, for most of the planes, but The F 16 probably hasn't got that particular panel, so that key combination is used for bringing up what I mentioned. You can see this in the manual on page 40 of 50 under the heading "Configurator". It says more what I did, but I used my own words lol. I just checked the manual to be sure :) I love the F 16, it's the only plane I fly in FSX. I also have Falcon 4.0 AF, but there are differences in the keys, that's why I just double checked for you.

Personally I prefer to switch everything on myself, it's more realistic :)

Thank you very much Tigerclaw, i will put it on as soon as i get home. Indeed a perfect aircraft implementation, so good :P

Thanks!!!

You are most welcome :)

lol...same prob i had...figured out the "shift"2 thing and it worked..now gotta figure out how to make ils approach...or is it possible? ...figured out how to set the nav 1 to ils frequency but how do i activare it?

lol...same prob i had...figured out the "shift"2 thing and it worked..now gotta figure out how to make ils approach...or is it possible? ...figured out how to set the nav 1 to ils frequency but how do i activare it?

You've figured out about as much as I have lol. I've been following This Thread  but I can't remember if the F-16 did some of this before or not. Once I've tuned to the ILS frequecy, and put the heading in the DED, I switch the Left MFD to HSI. That tells me where I am in relation to the runway. I then line up and use the AOA for landing.

I haven't noticed the ILS lines in the HUD, like I have with other aircraft of this type (war planes). So I can't say if the F-16 has a true ILS or not. Maybe someone else can say?

If you're having trouble programming the DED, check out page 35 of the manual. That may help?

One more hint for details regarding the whereabouts of switches and knobs. There is an e-book portal at www.scribd.com where I found the actual handbooks of F-16 from Lockheed Martin. To avoid posting the direct links, search using keywords at the search box (top right corner of the page):

f-16 lockheed martin

You can also download them by creating a free account and by choosing the download action on the scribd document toolbar (named "Download") then choose "save as PDF". The title of the document is F-16 MLU Manual Part 1.

Regards

Thanassis