Mytrafficx No Visible Planes

MichaelE

MyTrafficX version 5.1 has caused me some issues.

I finally have the tools showing in the menu bar of FSX, however I do not see any air planes from MyTrafficX.

Please can someone help to explain why this might be.

When I run MyTraffic it created a file called MTX_V51a.myt.

This appears to be a database file, containing info on planes, airports etc. There appears to be numbers filed in for these, however 0 for scheduled flights, slots and total slots. What could be wrong here. Are some of the MyTrafficX files supposed to be in Microsoft Flight Simulator X, scenery, world, scenery folder where some other AI stuff appears?

If I go to the Tools, traffic toolbox and then explorer it shows 129 aircraft, a lot of other data and just a few planes like Orbit, soar and American pacific.

It does not show other liveries.

Do I need to move some files to other places to be read by my flight sim?

This is bugging me after finally getting the Tool Menu to show up in my flight sim, yet no planes are visible, despite me having the traffic turned up to 85%

Someone, anyone please help

I finally have the tools showing in the menu bar of FSX, however I do not see any air planes from MyTrafficX.

This appears to be a database file, containing info on planes, airports etc. There appears to be numbers filed in for these, however 0 for scheduled flights, slots and total slots. What could be wrong here. Are some of the MyTrafficX files supposed to be in Microsoft Flight Simulator X, scenery, world, scenery folder where some other AI stuff appears?

If I go to the Tools, traffic toolbox and then explorer it shows 129 aircraft, a lot of other data and just a few planes like Orbit, soar and American pacific.

This is bugging me after finally getting the Tool Menu to show up in my flight sim, yet no planes are visible, despite me having the traffic turned up to 85%

First, the data base only is needed if you want to modify the traffic, so once you are bored with the provided traffic, so put that aside for the moment. 98% od all users never touch that.

If you still have Pacifica and CO, it looks like the installation procedure could not work properly. A guess is that you do not have enough user rights to modify anything inside the FSX folder. ( Vista?)

A good check if this is the case, please look into the folder MyTraffic\scenery. Are there some big bgl files like MyTrafficCommercial.bgl, etc? ).

Gentlemen, first of all excuse me for my poor english, however i’ll try to describe my problem..

I bought last week MyTrafficX version boxed 5.1a, I loaded it onto my PC and waited to see aircrafts populating FSX airports but nothing happened .

I downloaded from aerosoft.com the file AS_MYTRAFFIC_UPD_51B.exe and run it. But without success: no aircrafts at all..

I verified the library of FSX (scenery.cfg) where the entry of MtrafficX seems to be correct:

[Area.169]

Title=MyTrafficX

Local=MyTraffic

Active=TRUE

Layer=167

Required=FALSE

FSX settings/display/traffic slider is at 100% for airliners and general aviation.

I read the manual in MyTraffic Manager and “the short installation manual” in it, but i cannot find in FSX\MyTraffic directory the programs called MyTrafficCommunicator and MyTrafficBoard.

Thinking that something was wrong in the first installation I uninstalled MyTrafficX and reloaded it with the Update to v.5.1b. No success at all.

Some information:

Vista Home Edition, FSX Professional with SP1 + Acceleration Pack..

RAM 4 GB

Graphic Card Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

Thanks for your attention

Regards,

Antonio Alfieri, Corsico (MI) , Italy

Gentlemen,

wandering in this forum I read that some files in FSX\Scenery\World\scenery could affect the visibility of AI aircraft.

I made some try and eliminating a file (I suppose of World Of AI) I solved my problem and now I can enjoy of MyTrafficX.

Last pb. to solve: where I can find MyTrafficBoard??

Regards

Antonio Alfieri

Gentlemen,

wandering in this forum I read that some files in FSX\Scenery\World\scenery could affect the visibility of AI aircraft.

I made some try and eliminating a file (I suppose of World Of AI) I solved my problem and now I can enjoy of MyTrafficX.

Last pb. to solve: where I can find MyTrafficBoard??

Regards

Antonio Alfieri

MyTrafficBoard is not part of the Aerosoft edition. It has been supplied by a costumor for the Simmarket user community only.

• 4 weeks later...

How did you get the toolbar back?

How did you get the toolbar back?

All you need is the correct SDK installed, and the small DLL.XML file containing the path to the SDK, the traffic toolbox enabled, and no dublicate entries - I never saw an example where such a combo did not work ( unless FSX or SDK are installed outside of "program files" under Vista, that is a triple no.