Cheyenne X Whats the problem?

Emcott

I have every major release addon that there is and I can't make this aircraft follow and track an ILS approach to save my life. Never have I had this kinda trouble before, well maybe some freeware. It intercepts it but refuses to follow the path correctly. The GPS works without a hitch, but even with all procedures followed by the exact letter in the manual, nothing. I mean the aircraft is an utter dream to hand fly, But it just nice to know that the system is working properly. My buddy who owns this, won't even fly it anymore because of this issue, well that and the flickering VC interior light issue, me I could live with it. Glideslope comes alive but never indicates it on the Annu only on the Bug, the aircraft begins to follow but looses the track every time. In VOR mode, NAV 1 radio set to proper freq., switched to ILS and approach armed. If you own this aircraft and can help, it would be great. I'd really like to buy this one because it is truly magnificent. Even with the flickering issues, it still is a great VC lighting experience. But if it has this big of an issue, I'd have to pass. To be honest, I kinda enjoy this more than my new Flight 1 mustang, which I must say is a world unto itself. Its just something about those turbos. Did this aircraft ever have these issues before any updates were applied? If it is only a patch issue that fixes this, than it won't be an issue, being that I would be purchasing the latest release. Thanks to anyone who can help.

It's a pity you didn't post here first. We could have told you the problem was with the default flight you were loading prior to the Cheyenne. It's a flight sim, rather than Cheyenne-specific issue and is precisely the reason that all complex addons recommend loading a true default flight first. If you don't you risk an `out-of-phase` state like the one you experienced.

If you are in any doubt about the `default-ness` of your default flight, always create a new one, (the advice you would have received from us)

Shame on the so-called experts at Avsim for leading you up the garden path with drivellous suggestions. There ought to be somebody there who knows what they are talking about, rather than alleging piracy on your part..! Personally, I thought it was abundantly clear what you were saying, abrasively inept of them to misconstrue, and fundamentally incompetent not to be able to identify the issue from the symptoms....

Thank You ! But most of all, I'm glad that this is in no way the software's problem. As far as I'm concerned Aerosoft as well as Hans and the crew over at DA are at the top of their game and should be saluted. Aerosoft's software has also given me countless hours of enjoyment. Hard to put a price on that...

It's a pity you didn't post here first. We could have told you the problem was with the default flight you were loading prior to the Cheyenne. It's a flight sim, rather than Cheyenne-specific issue and is precisely the reason that all complex addons recommend loading a true default flight first. If you don't you risk an `out-of-phase` state like the one you experienced.

If you are in any doubt about the `default-ness` of your default flight, always create a new one, (the advice you would have received from us)

Shame on the so-called experts at Avsim for leading you up the garden path with drivellous suggestions. There ought to be somebody there who knows what they are talking about, rather than alleging piracy on your part..! Personally, I thought it was abundantly clear what you were saying, abrasively inept of them to misconstrue, and fundamentally incompetent not to be able to identify the issue from the symptoms....

Would you please clarify what you mean by 'recommend loading a true default flight first'?

Are you referring to a created default flight for just a load of a default aircraft? If is't just a default aircraft then which ones are ok to use?

No.

Default aircraft

Default airport

Default weather

If you have a modified default flight, then it should be saved separately, and a NEW default flight created. The reason is simple: There are many factors saved and loaded from a saved flight. ONLY a default flight loads those factors in guaranteed neutral state. While there is not normally a problem with loading anything else before a complex addon, this problem illustrates precisely how it can affect something that is not documented, not easily accessible, and all too easily missed when troubleshooting a `problem` that actually is no such thing.

However, you would not normally have to do this EVERY time you load the complex aircraft. Having done it once, then changed plane, location, weather and any other factors, the game save can usually be relied upon to save in a consistent state. But especially with complex addons that have a lot of programming outside the basic code, if you have any difficulties the first thing to do - ALWAYS - is create a default flight - or revert to the one already saved.