FSMap

Wilhelm

Hi,

I have FSX Acceleration and Vista Ultimata.

When I call up the ( multi-function display ) gauge via the hot spot there is a warning in red " Nav Data Files ... missing or wrong version " and " Some Test failed to complete. "

When I rebuild the Navigation Database everything seems to be normal, however, the above message in red appears again.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?

regards

Wilhelm

This might happen, if FSMap and FSX are running in different user contexts (e.g. if UAC is turned on). Try running FSMap in elevated mode (means in Admin mode) by right clicking the FSMap shortcut and then choose "Run as Administrator". Then rebuild the navigation database.

Hope this helps

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

yes, I did but no better results.

It is a bit annoying but as I use mostly the external map it is not a big problem. Besides I think this problem is not caused by the FSMap but due to the configuration of my PC. When I'm in the mood to change this I will let you know the results.

Anyway if you have still an idea what I can do, let me know I'll give it a try.

rgds

Wilhelm

Hi Thomas,

My system:

Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 2.40 GHz

RAM: 2 GB

System type: 32 Bit

FS: FSX Acceleration

Graphic adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

I'm running FSMap and FSX on the same machine.

rgds

Wilhelm